To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Group Speed Dial 6.1 Compatible with Firefox 57+
Speed Dial / visual bookmarks with groups for power users.
Now you can fit all your favorite sites into one fast SpeedDial in an organized fashion.
Dials are synchronized through Cloud to all your devices! For free!
About this Add-on
NOTE 2: If you see black screen with database error message, make sure your Firefox / Settings / Privacy & Security / History - is not set to "Never remember history". GroupSpeedDial is using Firefox IndexDB technology which is not available if history is completely disabled.
If you see error database message "Unknown error", your Firefox profile is probably corrupted (for example if you downgraded from Firefox 57) and you may need to reset it using Firefox reset feature.
Group Speed Dial a.k.a. visual bookmarks - lets you access your favorite pages anywhere / anytime in an organized fashion - using groups / folders in the "New Tab" page.
Now with import from popular "Speed Dial by Josep del Rio" add-on - through Options page => Import / backup. See a tutorial video here (1:01).
See introduction video on YouTube (1:50) or visit www.fastaddons.com
- cloud synchronization - synchronize your dials between devices and browsers - for free!
- registration with two clicks using your existing Gmail / Facebook / Twitter account
- cloud dials - access your dials in any browser, even in your phone!
- No Ads!
GroupSpeedDial also features drag & drop, history, search, custom background, custom thumbnails, dial notes, automatic thumbnails generation and more!
Known Firefox issues:
- middle mouse click on group-dial won't open it in new tab - will be fixed in Firefox 56
- input in Pop-up window is not focused - broken in Firefox 56 (beta) and Nightly: link to bug
- search in Pop-up on Enter key won't open found group - broken in Firefox 56 (beta) and Nightly: link to bug
- address bar is not empty in "New tab" page - please up-vote the bug here - however if the URL is selected, you can just start typing to overwrite selected text (or select it first with Ctrl + L or Ctrl + A)
- dials to local files (protocol "file://") are supported, however clicking them is currently forbidden by Firefox security - you can use legacy Local Filesystem Links addon to enable this
- dials to internal pages like "about:addons" or "about:debugging" and dials to other extension pages like "moz-extension://..." are not supported
(note: many of known issues are related to thumbnails generation - this can be avoided by using context menu option "Add this page to dial" - this method works every time without issues)
- the default "Refresh dial" may not work for some highly protected pages like Facebook or banks
- the default "Refresh dial" is fragile - if you interrupt it, it will stop and won't generate thumbnail (but since we cannot generate thumbnails in background, this is currently the only way)
- thumbnail may get generated from not fully loaded page - some pages uses AJAX to load content asynchronously - try to use reload with delay (+5s) or increase "Normal reload fixed delay" in options
- right click won't work in Linux / Mac when using FireGestures add-on or other old API add-on listening on right click event. Try to use different gesture addon, like "Mouse Gestures Suite" or desktop application like StrokeIt.
Features coming in next version 6.X:
- auto-reload + better thumbnails generation + custom thumbnails from URL (cca 80% ready)
- translations (0%)
- many small requested features (0%)
Features coming in future releases (not in this order):
- auto-reload thumbnails "in background" (it's gonna be super hard but I think it's possible)
- more color and background options for each group
- random cool backgrounds from some subscribed services
- thumbnails for dials from URL and some nice predefined for popular websites
- much better thumbnail generation - with good resolution even when done with not maximized window
- sharing groups - ideal solution for sharing some useful "Work" group with your colleagues!
- private / secret / not visible groups (excluded from sync?) ;)
- dials in dials / smaller dials / custom sized dials - maybe not all of these but there are will be some serious upgrade!
- upgrade to Pop-up window with search for dials and some context menu and some custom options in options page
- better keyboard short-keys support - this is partially blocked by missing focus on page when New tab is opened
- fully customizable context menus
- scrollable groups
- ... and some others that will be a surprise :) - don't worry, no blinking ads are coming on my watch!
Recently added features:
- Version 6.0, 6.1:
- added experimental import from "Speed Dial [FVD] by Nimbus Web" add-on
- Version 5.7, 5.8, 5.9:
- fixing bugs
- Version 5.6:
- added support for 20 x 20 dials!!!
- fixed import from "Speed Dial by Josep del Rio" when having more than 20 groups or more than 9x9 dials
- Version 5.5, 5.4, 5.3:
- added option to disable on-hover shadow
- drag and drop dials between groups is now much easier when you have way too many groups
- Version 5.2:
- fixed transparency issues for custom thumbnails from disk
- added much better errors handling and reporting
- options page now remembers last position
- added option to instant redirect to dials page by clicking toolbar icon
- Version 5.0:
- improved options icon plus added auto-closing options menu
- Version 4.9:
- fixed blank dials on when launching Firefox first time - I'm sorry about this issue, should not happen again!
- added option to set current group name as page title
- added option to put dials titles down
- added option to disable shadows
- added option to disable quick edit when clicking empty dials
- Version 4.8:
- added import capability from popular "Speed Dial by Josep del Rio" add-on - through Options page => Import / backup
How to (FAQ):
- change number of dials in current group - right click group name (upper-left corner) and click "Edit group"
- add new group - by adding "group dial" -> click empty dial and select "Create new group", OR right click current group and select "Create new group"
- fully compatible with new Electrolysis e10s multiprocess version of Firefox.
- addon is compatible with Firefox 51 and newer - however to be able to override "New Tab" page you need at least Firefox 54 or use New Tab Override addon (video tutorial is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtnCOslP2pA)
This add-on is in active development and there are many new features on the way!
I'm developing this add-on in my free time and I've already spend more than 900 hours on this project.
Please consider supporting my work by donation or becoming my Patron.
Thank you :)