Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Possibility to configure text alignment
* Wikipedia images grab bug fix.
* New auto save book mechanism.
* Email book bug fix.
Added reading functionality: you can read the book page by page in the book screen.
1 - The book can be sent directly via mail once saved, thus allowing kindle
users to have their book automatically available on their reader.
2 - Ability to grab all the links contained in the selection.
3 - An author can be configured for the metadata of the book.
4 - It is now possible to define a rule saying how to grab the next page of
an article. Some web pages display their articles on several pages.
It is convenient to be able with one click on the first page to grab
5 - It is now possible to define a rule saying to grab not the page itself
but a link on the page.
This is convenient if the page is just a gateway to another one containing
the full version of an article.
6 - When the book is saved in 'mobi' format it is now possible to also save
the epub version of it.
This is useful if the book might need to be loaded later for edition
7 - Transparent images bug fix: background was black.
8 - Newspapers: As google reader ceased to exist, it is no more possible to
use its cache.
Improved Images grabbing.
Links are grabbed.
Tables are grabbed.
Reduced ebook size.
GrabMyBooks 1.6 had a few issues with the api changes which occured in FF18.
Images were not grabbed anymore, express grab wasn't working...
Now it is good with GrabMyBooks 1.6.1.
* NewsPapers: create your own newsPapers and grab the issues into your ebook reader.
* Grab tabs: grab all the opened tabs in one click.
* Express page grab: grab the current page directly as an epub/mobi file.
* Formatting enhancement.
This version contains all the additions from the 1.4.x beta versions:
* Mobi (kindle) support. If you have Calibre installed on your computer you can configure it in the options screen so you can then save your books into the mobi format
* Style grabbing
* Images grabbing improvements, for example images from wikipedia are now grabbed correctly.
* Auto save functionality. If you close firefox without saving your book you can recover it at next start. (Needs to be activated in the options screen)
* Direct transfert functionality added. You can now specify a default directory path into which the books will be saved when you click on the GRAB MY BOOK button. So imagine your ebook reader connects as E: when you plug it to the computer. Let's say you store your books in E:\ebooks. Go to the options screen and configure the path. Plug your reader, add content to your book, and when everything is ready, click on the 'GRAB MY BOOK' button. Your book is in your reader.
* Save suggestions. When you want to save your book, if you haven't set a title or a cover, a tooltip appears to suggest you to do so. Also, if you set a directory to save the books directly into, another tooltip gives you the choice to save into another one ("save as").
Also specifically added in this version:
* Grabbing of an item is cancellable. Imagine you are grabbing a set of rss pages or grabbing a book from the grabMyBookStore and one of the link is unavailable. You can now just cancel that link in the progress popin and still get all the other links.
* Target images grabbing. If on a page there is a small low quality thumbnail image linking to a bigger version of it then the target image is grabbed instead.
How to use grabMyBooks:
* After grabMyBooks is installed, new actions are available in the context menu:
'grab this page', 'grab link' and 'grab selection'. They enable the user to
grab content of the web and add it to their 'book'.
There are three screens accessible from the new toolbar button or the tools menu.
*The 'book' screen is a book editor. There the user can see the content he added
and edit it. The 'grab my book' button enables the user to download the book as
an epub file (or mobi if the Calibre section in the options screen is configured).
*The option screen: to configure the basics options and define rules on how to
grab the content.
*The feeds screen to grab content from atom/rss feeds.
More information on www.grabmybooks.com
* Various enhancements
Edit metadata (title...).
Add a cover to yout book.
Now it's possible to fill your eBook reader with content directly grabbed from rss and atom feeds.