Can be used with FF4 Rated 5 out of 5 stars
1. Download the XPI file to your hard drive (right click the download button and "save link as").
2. Change the XPI extension to ZIP
3. Unzip the file Install.rdf and open it in a text editor (notepad works)
4. Look for the line em:maxVersion>3.6.*</em:maxVersion and change it to em:maxVersion>4.5.*</em:maxVersion
5. Save the file and add it back to the ZIP
6. Rename the ZIP file back to XPI
7. Drag the XPI file into your Firefox browser window to install the add-on
this general procedure works for lots of add ons actually...
==== someone emailed me and asked me to add this ===
The Print button is broken. Google uses "books" instead of "print" now.
Involves updating a couple of lines in GooglebarOverlay.js
Changed URL "print.google" to "books.google"
and "/print?sourceid=..." to "?sourceid=..."
From (note two changes in this line):
searchURL = 'http://print.google.' + GB_USA_ONLY_DOMAIN + '/print?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=' + crit;
http://books.google.' + GB_USA_ONLY_DOMAIN + '?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=' + crit;
and a similar, shorter line before that.
Also changed print.png to new image of a book (the icon Google uses) saved as 20x20 gif with white as transparent background, renamed as .png.
Goes in | chrome | googlebar | skin | print.png