Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
I am working on the problem, but I wanted to release an at least working version to you whatever it costed.
Every other features remained.
- In Firefox 3.5 and 3.6, when the user hid the statusbar icon, it appeared again after restarting the browser.
Added localizations: Turkish.
Added support up to Firefox 9.0a1.
- Increased allowed length for translating selected text: from 1100 to 38000.
- Now, on first install, the extension tries to set the default language of translation. If it's not possible, still English will be the target language.
Added support up to Firefox8.0a1.
Based on a suggestion by the validator of the code, "Google Translator..." item has been removed from the Tools menu.
- Page translation
- Hot-key (Default: Ctrl+F2 (Cmd+F2 on Mac))
- One click translation on clicking the Toolbar/Statusbar icon
- Easily movable Toolbar icon for FF4+ versions. For FF3.5 and 3.6 status bar icon is still in use.
- From now this add-on DOES NOT SUPPORT Firefox versions older than 3.5. In other words, the minimum Firefox version that is required to use this-addon safely is 3.5.
- In Firefox 4 and upwards, you can no longer use the hide status-bar icon function, as in these versions, the toolbar icon is in use. If you don't want to see the icon, go to View > Toolbars > Customize... menu, and drag-and-drop the icon into the popped up window.
Bugfix (Space-bug): now, if the selected word starts or ends with a space, the translated text won't join the previous or following word.
Updates of non-visible v1.0.7:
Added compatibility for Firefox 5.* up to 7.0a1.
Also added 5 new languages: Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu.
Also added two languages: Armenian and Latin.
- Status-bar icon becomes green while translation is in progress (data-request from Google Translate page)
- From now, longer texts are available (maximum of 1100 though)