- by Firefox user 14492865, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5While loading my blocked list I miss clicked save changes and I lost all my block list . I spent hours creating this block list for nothing because this bug in this program .
Also when you are about to access a block list you only give name i.e. someone can easily abuse this and access other lists and create damage .
If these two issues has not yet been solved , then do not use this add , its a waste of time .
- by Firefox user 13524479, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5As this extension is "developer-friendly" I might miss something ? But after adding it to Firefox Quantum 60.0.1 (64bits), the icon does not appear in the UI.
There is a similar extension for Chrome that works perfectly : it adds the extension icon on each result of the google webpage and a simple click on this icon enables or disables the filter. Too bad I have to go back to Chrome to filter overwhelming sites like pinterest.
Any advice would be welcomed.
Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.
- by jlvanderzwan, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works like a charm! I try to use alternative search engines these days, but sometimes google is necessary, and being able to customise it makes it so much easier to work with
- by Firefox user 13817324, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Freaking finally, I can block out Polygon and other garbage gaming "journalism" sites. Many thanks, it appears to work perfectly.
I was just looking for the filter, but being able to highlight Wikipedia is a huge bonus. 5/5, because it's simple and works exactly as described.
The only small nitpick is that, if searching for a blocked domain (say, RockPaperShotgun), it wastes space to show that domain's search bar, but still filters out the URL portion per usual. With how rare that would happen in normal internet use, it's pretty inconsequential.
- by SJU1987, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very functional and lightweight extension that does what it is supposed to do. My main goal was to kill off the Pinterest leaches. This was more effective than pouring salt on them!
Use the example code and add your tweaks.
Hint: Wild cards worK! e.g. "pinterest.*"
- by Lexi, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This addon needs more love! I needed this for an eternity and FINALLY am able to permanently get rid of useless results like pinterest or me.me without having to filter them out manually in each search. I'm really happy now.