- by CanisLegis, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5There are a few reasons for my rating. 1. I don't like being nagged to rate an app/extension before having had the chance properly to try it out. (2) FVD exhibits strange behaviour when I start FF. It seems to be trying to open all the tabs in my groups and then closing them. (3) When I start FF or only have one tab - my home page, FVD - left, FVD flashes incessantly, until I open a new tab and close the flashing one. I must confess to also having to get used to this speed dial; my previous one, used for many years, no longer works since the Quantum update.
- by Firefox user 12839814, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I would probably give this a full five stars if not it taking over the new tabs, but mostly for the stupid search engine it comes with. And there's no way of changing it. I've never heard of yoursearch.me before. And now that I have, I hate it with a passion, especially since it's so useless. The results are limited and often dodgy to boot. Give users the ability to change the search engine ff's. Your default yoursearch.me is as dodgy as hell. Including compromising privacy.
- by Firefox user 13502855, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Some design elements that I don't like;
1. The tab says Speed Dial [FVD] - I know it is, just show the New Tab tage
2. The wasted space next to the address "Extension FVD Speed Dial 3D New Tab Page", I don't get this when using Chrome and a Speed Dial extension.
- by Firefox user 13515628, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Buen complemento. Sin embargo, cuando quise colocar un archivo con una extensión personal como vista previa, no lo aceptó, y la versión anterior lo hacía. No me gustó tampoco que las vistas previas se vayan a una "galería de usuarios" puesto que no tengo porqué compartir mis imágenes.
- by Firefox user 13508563, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Major thumbs-up: For dial thumbnails, it automatically finds images and logos from the web and you can choose the one you like the most (or you can upload your custom image file too).
Major problem: No folder option so you can't group dials thematically (or however you like) on the same dial page.
- by Firefox user 13502392, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I like the appearance, functionality and ease of use. What I don't like is the inability to import the Superstart (legacy extension), Vivaldi or Opera speed dials (with passwords) quickly (or maybe I haven't figured it out yet).
- by Firefox user 10836666, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Now using and trying SpeedDial for a week. I used FastDial prior to Firefox Quantum update, that unfortunately killed it. I preferred FastDial. Speed dial has nice looks but so far I have not yet achieved in getting it work as I would like. I didn't manage to (maybe I have not searched well):
- manually set dials
- set the locations of the dials
- sync . For that I needed to log in which didn't work (Google login went nowhere, register went nowhere, froze the app).
- I don't understand all settings
Nevertheless, a nice looking app, that does what I need, partially.
- by Rajarshi Roy, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5It's one of those must have addons. Been a user for a long long time but lately it has been extremely frustrating with random window from the Speeddials keeps popping up all the time.
- by EcceNux, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Customization capabilities are great (for a Web Extension). Exporting local images doesn't work, but I'm guessing this is a problem of Web Extensions capabilities. My only annoyance for now is that sometimes when do quick CTRL+T and CTRL+V then my URL is not pasted... It also makes opening new tabs ver slow.
- by Puffolino, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5What a great speed dial solution, I am using it for years...
...but the latest update was a quantum leap in the wrong direction - old style overloaded graphics (rounded corner, color gradients etc.) and slow dialogs which often hide needed buttons because of their placement.
This has been a shock for me, so I removed two stars now, as soon the speeddial extension will run just a little bit smoother I will add at least one again.
Anyhow, please think about simplifying the user interface - it is the actual trend everywhere around...
BTW please seperate 'main' and 'appearance' from the 'global' settings to get their own icons in the option's main function bar.
- by Firefox user 13484537, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I've struggeled a lot with getting local files to work but it seems impossible......
The address works fine in the address line of firefoxe but not in the dials.
If this would have worked I would have given five stars
- by Firefox user 13474734, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5É bom mas falta o principal que é o usuário poder fazer a confirução que quiser tal como colocar o tamanho das janelas menores para caberem apenas em 1 tela.... tenho 60 sites favoritos para entrar pelo FAST DIAL ( esse sim era bom ) mas no modo como o speed dial funciona apena 28 aparecem na mesma tela....
- by Firefox user 13469753, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5После обновления - плохо.
1. Пропали все закладки. Все по-новой восстанавливать. Около 100 закладок - супер, да?
2. Непонятный движущийся фон - радость эпилептика. Нахрена? Отлкючил и ....
3. Выбрал без фона - нет надписей около дилов - шрифт тоже белый.
4. Добавление нового дила - раньше можно было сразу выбрать опции, и картинку, и название - теперь тупо добавляется, и потом все это надо редактировать.
Главное - зачем надо было "улучшать", если старый дизайн нормально смотрелся.
Сплошное разочарование от новой версии. Три звезды - потому что бесплатно, и никто собственно этим пользоваться не заставляет. Было бы платное дополнение - одна звезда. Непонятно только прогрессирующее желание всех разработчиков (это и Мозилы касается, и многих дополнений к ней) сделать продукт хуже и неудобнее.
- by Firefox user 13464853, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Its set as my hope mage and firefox always gets "not responding". I click on my website and again not responding i have to wait a few seconds to enter the website.