Rated 4 out of 5
4 Stars out of 5
- by alanchrishughes, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5This is the only fullscreen addon I've found that at least partially works. It will open your tab in fullscreen, but you have to press control-shift-f every single time, and once you are in fullscreen, you can't just logically mouse up to the top to show the bookmarks and tabs you've hidden, just nothing appears.
- by Jezze, a year agoRated 4 out of 5The add-on does what is says, but is kinda pointless as Firefox already goes complete fullscreen with F11. However only if browser.fullscreen.autohide (about:config) is set to true, which is the default setting anyways.
- by Thor Galle, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it's supposed to, using the full screen Web API to also remove the title URL bar. Thanks.
1 thing: you might want to add the add-on icon to be a toggle for fullscreen?
- by Bert, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Works flawlessly for me! (as of Feb 2019, FF 65.0)
I don't get what some of the other reviews are complaining about, because I'm really glad to finally have true fullscreen again in Firefox.
One limitation is indeed that you can't change the keyboard shortcut in the addon settings, but I solved it by using an external tool (Karabiner), mapped the standard cmd-shift-f to the addon's ctrl-shift-f shortcut.
Summary: Get this addon if you want real fullscreen back! And, thanks a lot Trishul for this addon.
- by Hyrum, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5For some reason it didn't work until I restarted Firefox, but now it works flawlessly. I use this add-on to remove distractions so I can concentrate on my work. Thank you whoever built this!
- by Laserbeak, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Doesn't work on Flash game sites that have input bar focused —so it's useless like the userChrome.css trick. Make the full screen trigger without window focus. Nevermind, it's a glitch in Habbo site, I'am back to using this userChrome script: https://www.userchrome.org/what-is-userchrome-css.html
- by Firefox user 14327815, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Superb. Works a treat and it does it quickly and looks absolutely perfect. Pressing ESC gets me back to the normal browser view, which is intuitive. There are many times, particularly, when I am writing or designing, that I like to go into total full screen mode (i.e. without the tabs and all the other clutter) and this does exactly that and does it more elegantly than anything else I have come across. Thank you for clearing up my screen so well :-)
- by magneticsouldesign, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5A great add-on but for one important issue: the full-screen that is shown is a scaling up of the original downsized page and it's not possible to see the page as it would be rendered in true full screen. If you try to refresh the page to see how it would look in true full-screen the page reverts back to the downsized version. I hope this makes sense. This plugin acts the same as if you were to pull the browser larger instead of loading it initialized as full-screen to begin with. Some backgrounds on pages slide up to reveal empty black or white space beneath because of the scaling up of the view port mechanism. It might sound complicated but for instance with my website in the past I would go full screen and then refresh the page to make sure everything was loading correctly.
- by LeeBinder, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Thank you Trishul, good job. Running fine in macOS 10.10.13 High Sierra with Ctrl+Shift+F. I like that Cmd+Shift+F remains for the default full-screen behavior.
Just one request: please add an option page where to toggle if FS mode shall be left or kept when clicking onto a link (and maybe another option when leaving a domain).
Also any idea what on addons.mozilla.org neutralizes your plugin?
Developer responseposted 2 years agoApologies for late reply.
For now, full screen API doesnt allow to keep fullscreen if user navigates away from current URL
Also on addons.mozilla.org we can not load content script, hence it cant run this addon on the same