To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
FoxySpider 188.8.131.52-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
FoxySpider is your personal web crawler! It can crawl into any website and find what you really want (video clips, images, music files, etc.). FoxySpider displays the located items in a well-structured thumbnail gallery for ease of use.
About this Add-on
- Get all photos from an entire website
- Get all video clips from an entire website
- Get all audio files from an entire website
- Well, actually get any file type you want from an entire website
Once the thumbnail gallery is created you can view, download or share (on Facebook and Twitter) every file that was fetched by FoxySpider.
Find FoxySpider on Facebook
Follow FoxySpider on Twitter
Thank you for considering FoxySpider! This add-on is very powerful if used correctly. However, you might get an empty galley, if FoxySpider is misconfigured or if there are no items to display in the gallery. An empty gallery does not necessarily mean a bug, and I will be happy to assist to resolve any misunderstanding.
- FoxySpider is very configurable, from the add-on options.
- Under "content" tab you can specify what file types you want FoxySpider to fetch for you. "Linked files" are files that in the original page you have to click in order to access. "Embedded files" are files that simply exist in the original page without any need to click on them (currently only the most obvious "embedded files" are supported - images). However, all the files in the gallery that FoxySpider creates have the same look-and-feel, whether they are "linked files" or "embedded files".
- Set "Ignore files without thumbnails" to see only files that a thumbnail can be shown for in the gallery. Unset this option to also see files without an image. A generic thumbnail will be used instead.
- You can press any item in the gallery once it appears. It will not interfere with the creation of the gallery!
- It is recommended to "Open files in: The background" for file types that your browser is set to download automatically (for example video files). Use "Open files in: New window" for file types that your browser is set to handle internally (for example image files).
- If you are satisfied with a gallery and would like to save it as an HTML file, select "Save FoxySpider Gallery" from the context menu (right click menu).
- You can configure how deep your FoxySpider crawls ("crawl depth"). Use this wisely because it is very easy to get to astronomical number of pages. Crawl depth = 0 - scans only the original page; Crawl depth = 1 - scans the original page and the pages linked by it; Crawl depth = 2 - scans the original page, the pages linked by it and also the pages linked by them; Crawl depth = 3 - well, you got the picture...
- To protect FoxySpider from scanning millions of pages you can (but do not have to) limit the maximal number of pages you want FoxySpider to scan or/and the maximal number of images in the gallery. Crawl is stopped when either of the limits is reached.
- There are other ways to limit the crawl scope using the advance filters, available by middle-clicking the FoxySpider's button.