Do It Yourself Rated 5 out of 5 stars
I love foxscape. So I now "update" it by changing the install parameters in the xpi. Here is how to do it:
1. Download the xpi. Not as easy as it looks. Firefox won't let you do it. It says the version is obsolete. Solution: use another browser. I used explorer.
2. the xpi is a zipped file. Open it with an unzipper. I use 7zip. YMMV.
3. there is a file at the top level of the xpi named: "install.rdf". Open it with a text editor. Notepad will do.
4. the 5th line of install rdf reads:
change that line to read:
5. Save the file and rezip the archive.
6. To install Foxscape: open Firefox. Use the file open command Ctrl+O or the file open menu item to open the xpi file. Fire fox should take it from there.
7. Bon Chance. Bon Appetite.