To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Fox Web Security 3.05 Requires Restart
Protection from adult content (parental control) and from dangerous sites.
Entrust protection for yourself and your children to professionals!
About this Add-on
This add-on automatically blocks known dangerous websites.
It also can block unwanted content that is not suitable for children.
In contrast to the existing add-ons - Fox Web Security is very small and run like the wind.
But a high speed and small size do not mean that it will perform a bad job!
Thanks to professionals in the anti-virus domain and the innovative algorithms of this add-on, Fox Web Security provides high-level protection.
This add-on provides protection from web threats and restricts access to adult content on the basis of information from well-known, safe and free DNS servers:
- Yandex.DNS: https://dns.yandex.com/ (Security + Family)
- OpenDNS : https://www.opendns.com/ (Family Shield)
- Comodo DNS : https://www.comodo.com/secure-dns/ (Security + Pornography)
- Also you can use any secure DNS!
More details: http://www.s3blog.org/fox-web-security/secure-dns.html
To protect you against the dangers that lie on the Internet, Fox Web Security does not transmit or store any personal data -- all the protection is built on a danger level definition based on the domain name.
Therefore, there are limitations:
- the add-on does not check the safety of a query to the IP address of a site
- the add-on does not check the safety of a local domain name query
- the add-on does not check the content of the transmitted data
e.g. a virus-infected file
- the add-on can not perform correctly if you or your ISP is blocking access to the DNS servers used by Fox Web Security
- the add-on only protects you from accessing dangerous sites; it does not replace an anti-virus, but enhances its functionality
- the add-on (as well as anti-virus software) does not guarantee 100% protection and its use does not prevent observing basic security rules on the Internet
Fox Web Security does not guarantee the accuracy of the blocked websites list when using the service (in particular, it does not guarantee that websites that aren't blocked don't contain, distribute, or redirect to malicious code or software, or is prevented from displaying scam/erotic/pornographic content, and vice versa).
Fox Web Security can't be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, caused to the user or any third party from the use or inability to use the service, including but not limited to damages caused by the inaccuracy of the blocked websites list when using the service.
Fox Web Security expresses its gratitude to the owners of the aforementioned DNS servers, that provide security for users!
- You can use the mask " * " at the beginning of the domain name for the blacklist and whitelist
- In the black and white lists, you can use both domain names and IP-addresses
- Password protection:
* Locked: Fox Web Security -> Settings
* Locked: Menu -> Help -> "Restart with Add-ons Disabled"
* Locked: disable/uninstall addon
* Locked: change/reset settings "extensions.s3security." via about:config
The following little keywords are at the request of those who can't remember the name "Fox Web Security" and want searches to work. It takes adult control, parental control, web filter.
For classic pop-up alerts please use this addon:
Fox Web Security for Google Chrome: