- Rated 5 out of 5Amazing. This is the best there is.
- Rated 5 out of 5Великолепный плагин. Наконец-то появилась достойная альтернатива аддону Lazarus Form Recovery который перестал работать ещё на 5.x версиях Firefox. Очень не хватало такого аддона. Вы знаете, он даже лучше чем Lazarus Form Recovery. Огромная благодарность автору!
- Rated 1 out of 5Lousy form recovery. Can't automatically fill fields nor copy text from their menu.
- Rated 5 out of 5Fonctionne tel que prévu et conserve la mise en forme.
- Rated 5 out of 5Live-Saver: Saves much livetime (& anger)! Easy, functional & reliable. Support (=> financial contribution) strongly recommended!
- Rated 3 out of 5I'm concerned that there is no universal way to prevent this add-on from locally saving sensitive information like social security numbers, phone numbers, etc.. Yes, these sensitive fields can be manually blacklisted for any particular site, but that requires knowing the precise field name; not impossible, but cumbersome to the point of not being helpful.
My thought is that this add-on would be more valuable for some people if it could be limited to fields where the entered test is longer than a specified number of characters. So, a user could say, "Save any field in which I type over 300 characters".
That would side-step local saving of most sensitive data, and focus on saving long text fields that take time to compose.
Any progress on adding this type of option? Thanks!
Developer responseposted 7 months agoSome people dislike the fact that all large fields are saved, other people dislike the fact that all short fields are saved and most people just want everything saved.
So I like your suggestion, I will add the option to choose what should be saved in the next upcoming release.
Thank you for the feedback.
- Rated 5 out of 5Hello Stephan and thank you for this great plugin!
I only have one question. If i understand correctly
the captured data are not stored in formhistory.sqlite
file. Can you please tell me where this data is stored ?
Developer responseposted 8 months agoHi
sqlite is no longer available for add-ons, HTML5 client side storage is commonly used instead. This is implemented in Firefox using IndexedDB.
See for instance here: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/IndexedDB_API/Basic_Concepts_Behind_IndexedDB
- Rated 5 out of 5如果說你碼了幾十分鐘的字和心情突然一個關閉網頁或是斷電會而全部消失是什麼感覺?用它吧,不會讓你再有這種後悔.
- Rated 5 out of 5This app is amazing! What a lifesaver when you lose the page you were working on...You can find past form entries and not have to type them again! Very impressed!
- Rated 5 out of 5An excellent add-on, reliable and with a lot of options and features, just how I like it. It's one of those extensions that, over time, you forget you have installed, but when its time for it to do its job, you'll be so glad you have it there. Or get very frustrated that you forgot to install it on your new system =)
- Rated 5 out of 5Buenísima extensión, te permite recuperar todo lo que has escrito en Firefox. FF 62.0.3 (64-bit)
- Rated 5 out of 5A great extension however:
1) On CentOS 7 64/Firefox 62, when I invoke various FHC windows they are empty until I resize the windows - that's kinda annoying. I'm using the dark theme but nothing changes when I switch to the default theme.
2) Please allow to configure the data save interval (in milliseconds) - I haven't found this option anywhere.
If you're in for alternatives, there's also https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/textarea-cache/
Developer responseposted a year agoHi, thanks for the review.
Regarding the issues you mentioned:
1) This is actually a bug in Firefox affecting Linux users, see Bugzilla issue 1416505 (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1416505)
2) Saving data is currently performed every 5 seconds. Doing it more often has a negative impact on overall performance because it is not the keystrokes that are saved but the entire text you are editing. So in a worst case scenario you loose at most 5 seconds worth of typing.
- Rated 3 out of 5The old version (1.4) was much better!
This new (2.0) seems to be heavier + missing that good advanced search + "delete all with same value/name" ready on right click... The old one was not saving the "message field text" and it was good! In this one I've found full mail conversations, google translate field etc etc... Pity!
PS: just found the 1.4 ver here that works on FF 56!
5 stars to this one!!! ;)
Developer responseposted a year agoAlmost a complete rewrite of the original code base is necessary to migrate to the WebExtension based version. The most important bits are now done and I am currently working on the remaining features to make it as awesome as it was before, so please be patient because it is a ton of work.