- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you for this awesome addon! This should become core for Firefox!
- Rated 5 out of 5I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong, but I can't get it to work on https://demo.agektmr.com/storage/ for LocalStorage, and I don't know other method to see if LocalStorage is actually working in this addon.
I'm sorry, I don't know what I did before, but it actually works!
By the way I suppose it's normal that "SessionStorage" on this site doesn't get instantly deleted on Manual Cleanup regardless of "Protect currently...", I have to close the tab or restart the browser (I'm on v70.0.1(64-bit).
Also can this Manual Cleanup do more than the built-in "manage data" from about:preferences#privacy?
Developer responseposted 15 days agoThanks for taking the time to write a review. I just checked your link and it works for me. Several things might be an issue here: 1. You need to actually enable cleanup in the settings in addition to creating rules, since the cleanups are disabled by default. 2. On Firefox for Android, the local storage cleanup is not supported. 3. You might have your rules set up to prevent cleanup on that domain. If you need more assistance, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Rated 1 out of 5Does not work. Firefox 70. Cool interface, but automatic cleaning does not work at start or exit of firefox
Developer responseposted 15 days agoThanks for taking the time to write a review, but with this little information I can't do anything about it. It's most likely either a misconfiguration or a misunderstanding. If you need help, please visit https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/
- Rated 5 out of 5Working very well; only request atthis point would be some more detailed documentation for some of the specific data types (how to select/clear). Thanks for a really good tool!
- Rated 5 out of 5More powerful than "Cookie AutoDelete".
- Rated 1 out of 5Great potential brought down by the fact that it simply doesn't work correctly - indexeddb is not deleted for some sites, if at all; only regular cookies are.
You can check for yourself by visiting sites which use indexedb storage and then checking your Firefox options for the presence of their storage records, long after said sites have been closed in the browser.
Developer responseposted 2 months agoFirst of all, thanks for writing a detailed explanation of your issue. What you are experiencing is bad wording of the firefox options. Indexeddb is correctly cleared, but some metadata is leftover. This metadata can not be read by the website. You can read a detailed explanation here: https://github.com/Lusito/forget-me-not/issues/175 .
Also, keep in mind, that indexeddb can not be cleared when leaving a site. Only on startup or manually. I am working with mozilla on a solution for this.
- Rated 5 out of 5Cleanup after X-number of days would be nice too.
- Rated 5 out of 5Will ever add support for removing cookies based on containers? I'm using Multi-Account containers, and this is the only thing that stops me from using your addon. I think many will make the jump to your addon once this is done.
- Rated 2 out of 5Dev can you please make this work?
- Rated 3 out of 5Non functional (no icon anywhere but a pop-up message showing)
- Rated 5 out of 5Not working for me because i cant even see this extension have installed :(
- Rated 4 out of 5Broken. No toolbar just a pop up message.
- Rated 5 out of 5Could be a winner, though i cant get it to work - no FMN flower in toolbar/customize toolbar.
- Rated 4 out of 5Wont work - no extension icon to be found after installation.