Rated 2.6 out of 5
2.6 Stars out of 5
- by piecevcake, 3 months agoRated 3 out of 5Cookies gone for ESPN... don't know how to check for other storage types,
Review would be 5 stars if Dev answered Firefox user 13256199 review below, about REDIRECTED pages.
(Obviously don't want it to delete data for previous pages in the tab if I have navigated from a page I don't want to "forget" to one I do, so the question is whether those "redirects" can be cleared! Because you can't load the redirecting page to clear it. Eg Mozaws outgoing redirecting to github... is Mozaws storing data? And if so, how to delete?
I suppose the ideal would be for a popup of each page visited on that tab, with checkbox to select which ones to clear.
Would be helpful if the dev provided a link to github issues page so we could see if the issue has been addressed... the "Github Reports" on Dev's home page is not a link.
- by Firefox user 13256199, 3 years agoRated 1 out of 5From the description: "Forget Tab is a simple and very lite Addon to easily clear history, cookies, storage and other info from current tab."
Reading that description, it's normal to assume that it would clear all the stuff from the current tab, including the previous page on the "current tab",
But NOPE!, it only clears the "current page" NOT the "current tab", so whatever stuff the previous page in the "current tab" stored aren't cleared.
That also mean that if the page you visited automatically redirect its URL to a new URL (ex: change its domain from *.com to *.co.uk or whatever it is) that previous URL and whatever it contain would still intact in your browser. So, you have to clear that manually yourself, which render this addons useless.
-typing: "espn.com" ->www.espn.com"
clearing the tab it only delete "www.espn.com" NOT "espn.com"
-typing "logitech.com" -> "www.logitech.com" -> "www.logitech.com/en-us"
clearing the tab it only delete "www.logitech.com/en-us", NOT "logitech.com" and "www.logitech.com"
Should change the name from "Forget Tab" to "Forget current visited page".
- by Firefox user 12658691, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Good plugin that is working in Firefox 55.
I would love to see improvements:
- right click menu option added (close tab and forget)
- disable notification or auto close
(on lower right corner)
- by chris p, 4 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm very curious about the approval process of these addons, what is the point of approving them when in most cases these addons are either not working at all as described, become obsolete, or simply break soon after.