- by Firefox user 12812696, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I could be mistaken, but I think the "Form Border" option is only available via the options button in the address bar (popup panel). It's missing when accessing the settings through the addon manager. I think I'm using the latest version of the extension. My machine runs Firefox 56.0.2 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit platform. The issue could be with my outdated version of Firefox - which I deliberately don't want to upgrade. Aside from that, this extension is absolutely awesome! Love the toggle on/off option.
This is a second review unrelated to my first. I wanted to make a suggestion. In the options, the word "dims" is a little ambiguous. I wonder if you might change the text of your hover help tip for "ADVANCED MODE" to read: "Darkens text to a deeper shade of its color instead of black"? then maybe label the "BRIGHTNESS %" option below "DARKNESS %" instead? Maybe it's just me, but using "DIMS" in tandem with "BRIGHTNESS" is perplexing. Love the addon otherwise!
Developer responseposted a year agoYou are right, "form border" is intentionally missing from the global options. The reason is because the feature is experimental and doesn't work as well as I'd like. But seeing how you find it useful, I'll add it to the global options for the next release.
- by perlancar, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Nice little add-on, but a bit limited. Can only target grey text and not less-contrast text of other colors. Does not deal with text that are too small, or link colors. I'd suggest the "Text Legibility" addon instead.
- by Joy, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5It does seem to solve the problem of the idiotic light fonts on light background, which 20 year olds with excellent eyesight think is cool. I await the day they can't read a page because of their own code. One problem, though. The icon is right next to the URL and before the "bookmark this page" icon, and is apparently unmovable. I'd rather have it over with my other addons, which I keep to the right of the search bar. Right now it's cluttering my address bar.
- by recycler.fox, 3 years agoRated 3 out of 5Can be useful add-on for some pages, but is it possible to add 2 options?
1. to hide icon in the address bar (since Quantum not allowing additional toolbars, two icons for one add-on is now too much);
2. to set maximum font size (or exclude header tags?), so add-on don't alter big colored header lines, which make the whole page look unpleasant. Thanks.
Developer responseposted 3 years ago1. The other icon I personally find very useful to control the strength, although I do agree that the ideal would be having only one. I’ll see if I can figure out something else.
2. That’s a valid suggestion. Remember you can still control how strong the addon is, in some websites I can exclude the headers if I set the strength to 0. You may also set the strength globally in the options.