Rated 4.5 out of 5
4.5 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 15129930, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Can Someone explain what is the difference between Increase font (%) and Threshold (px)?
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThe first increases fonts by a given percentage. The second determines the maximum font size the percentage applies to. E.g. with a threshold of 12 px, only fonts that are 12 pixels or below get enlarged.
- by Firefox user 15056220, 4 months agoRated 5 out of 5I finally gave in and switched to Firefox Quantum as my default browser, and am grateful to Fushko for Font Contrast. Chromium (Chrome minus Google elements) has a similar High Contrast extension, but it affects all page elements, ruining most images. This extension is well-designed, easy to configure, and -- understanding that this can be a complex feature -- I'm glad to see that the developer is very responsive to user feedback.
- by Firefox user 12812696, 5 months agoRated 3 out of 5I could be mistaken, but I think the "Form Border" option is only available via the options button in the address bar (popup panel). It's missing when accessing the settings through the addon manager. I think I'm using the latest version of the extension. My machine runs Firefox 56.0.2 64-bit on Windows 7 64-bit platform. The issue could be with my outdated version of Firefox - which I deliberately don't want to upgrade. Aside from that, this extension is absolutely awesome! Love the toggle on/off option.
This is a second review unrelated to my first. I wanted to make a suggestion. In the options, the word "dims" is a little ambiguous. I wonder if you might change the text of your hover help tip for "ADVANCED MODE" to read: "Darkens text to a deeper shade of its color instead of black"? then maybe label the "BRIGHTNESS %" option below "DARKNESS %" instead? Maybe it's just me, but using "DIMS" in tandem with "BRIGHTNESS" is perplexing. Love the addon otherwise!
Developer responseposted 5 months agoYou are right, "form border" is intentionally missing from the global options. The reason is because the feature is experimental and doesn't work as well as I'd like. But seeing how you find it useful, I'll add it to the global options for the next release.
- by Solar Scientist Frederick Ermlich, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I trust this developer. He or she was thoughtful and communicated with users. Also, this is simple, robust work. It made text appear black instead of greyed out, like this page requires. Which is stupid. Therefore, I'd bet it's a smartphone stupidity thing.
It seems you have to click the icon on each page opened, which is fine. Firefox 71.0 64 bit.
- by andrewrask, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5Wonderful for old eyes. Dramatic increase in text darkening. Also can adjust font size, boldness, more within Firefox sourced websites. Much needed with current crop of default fine, light print operating systems.
Running Android 10 on Google Pixel
- by Firefox user 15361627, 8 months agoRated 5 out of 5I sometimes browse or read on an e-ink tablet screen, which feels nicer for my eyes especially for long form reading. Unfortunately sometimes the font uses a lighter gray color and so is harder to read even if on a white background. That's where this extension helps. It makes the page text much easier to read by bolding it among other things. Very useful on a screen type where more contrast is welcome. Thanks!
- by perlancar, a year agoRated 3 out of 5Nice little add-on, but a bit limited. Can only target grey text and not less-contrast text of other colors. Does not deal with text that are too small, or link colors. I'd suggest the "Text Legibility" addon instead.
- by Firefox user 12450821, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice add-on except that the "Skip links", "Skip headers" options are broken as of Firefox 62? When enabled for all sites, it works but all headers and links turn black.
Developer responseposted 2 years agoAll good here. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, the app might malfunction if you have updated.
If the issue persists, stay tuned as I'll be pushing an update (1.3.3) that addresses an issue with "Skip links" soon.