- by Satyam Kapoor, 18 days agoRated 5 out of 5Lovely idea. It's just that I'm stupid and ended up deleting some bookmarks.
Thanks again I really like Floccus. Idk what can be done to improve, perhaps better documentation so naive people like me don't end up making mistakes? Perhaps a recycling functionality?
In the end, I'm happy for that it exists.
- by bruno, a month agoRated 4 out of 5floccus funktioniert super in debian(KDE) und ubuntu(KDE) mit nextcloud 21.02. Probleme habe ich in Manjaro(KDE) in einer kvm:
2021-08-04T17:21:56.883Z Starting sync process for account email@example.com
2021-08-04T17:21:57.060Z Using "merge slave" strategy (no cache available)
2021-08-04T17:21:57.180Z Loading sparse tree as necessary
2021-08-04T17:21:57.197Z Fetching bookmarks
2021-08-04T17:21:57.687Z Syncing failed with E020: Antwort des Servers konnte nicht gelesen werden. Ist die Bookmarks App auf Ihrem Server installiert?
JSON.parse: unexpected character at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data
Gleiche Meldung auf raspi4b unter ubuntu und manjaru(KDE)
- by Firefox user 16924348, 3 months agoRated 1 out of 5Syncing from one browser seems to work fine but the floccus.export.json file does nothing when I try to add my account to other browsers. There is no info oin the FAQs on what to do when this process doesnt work wither. A sync file that doesnt sync between browsers is no use to me.
Developer responseposted 3 months agoThank you for your feedback! Make sure to select the accounts you want to export, otherwise nothing is exported and nothing will happen when importing.
Have a nice day!
- by Firefox user 13133600, 3 months agoRated 5 out of 5Works fine on webdav so far.
The first sync after adding a second browser always seems to be a bit problematic. Second browser seems to want to delete existing bookmarks from the file but stops due to an in-built failsafe.
Following syncs appear to be fine but takes a few minutes before the second browser recognizes changes in the file, even when clicking sync button, not sure why.
I will keep using it, but will take plenty of backups.
A built-in backup function would be much appreciated, for example writing a series of backup files every time there is a change.
Another good feature would be a confirmation dialogue if changes happen asking if you want to delete or change X bookmarks in the existing file or on the server.
- by Firefox user 12897134, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Such a pain for nothing and very sad to write a bad review. I'm using Nextcloud 19 and Nextcloud Bookmark 3.4.9 with floccus 4.5.0. The first sync process load very heavy the memory of my firefox 78.8.0 ESR (more than 3Gigabytes with one empty tab open !) and of course Firefox is lagging/unusable during the syncing process. After one hour the sync is done, but not usable to another computer. On the other computer with Firefox, I can see only empty bookmark folders. I tried to read the user guide and FAQ but nothing clear. I start to think this add-on is not made to sync bookmarks accross other Firefox, it loads too much Firefox and sync is too slow (my Nextcloud serveur work flawlessly).I'm sad that you didn't enjoy floccus. Nextcloud bookmarks v4.x should be faster that v3.x. For the second browser make sure you select the correct folder to sync into! This is an ongoing project, so I'd love to hear how the user guide and the FAQ could be improved :)
- by Firefox user 16690199, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Floccus tried to delete bookmarks now the second time, it stopped because
E029: Failsafe: The current sync run would delete 100% of your bookmarks. Refusing to execute. Disabled this failsafe in the account settings if you want to proceed anyway.
Bookmark app floccus is not fit for production. I deinstalled it again.Did you read the error message? If you want to delete your bookmarks you have to disable the fail-safe. That's what the error message says. Go to your sync account settings, go to dangerous actions, disable the fail-safe, and it will happily delete all your bookmarks.
- by bgsf, 7 months agoRated 1 out of 5Great concept and pretty interface.
Sadly, it deleted bookmarks during sync. Even deleted bookmarks on the SOURCE machine in a 1-way sync. The developer doesn't think that's important. Oh well.The full story here is, floccus removes duplicate bookmarks with the same URL per folder. It is my belief that a majority of people do not intend to keep multiple instances of the same URL in the same folder. If you disagree, you may convince me over here: https://github.com/marcelklehr/floccus/issues/797
- by CyberneticCody, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Not working with Nextcloud at all, trying to sync my bookmarks is just a mess and I ended up losing all of my bookmarks... Not good.
- by origami_spoon, 8 months agoRated 1 out of 5Be extremely careful with this add-on. It worked great for about a week. However, when I woke up this morning, ALL of my bookmarks have been permanently deleted (was using this with Nextcloud). Folder structure was preserved but all bookmarks are just gone.
Thankfully, I have backups of all my bookmarks across the machines I was using this on. Will only have permanently lost a few things that I can recover.
If you really must use this add-on, make sure you BACKUP everything and make periodic local backups. I have no idea why it did this, there is almost no logging either in the floccus add-on or on Nextcloud. The documentation and support for this is pretty poor (though I do understand that it is maintained mostly by one person). I would highly recommend using something else, since this type of error is completely unacceptable for an app like this.
Maybe it works better if you self host or use only local options? I don't care to risk it again at this point.
- by SR_team, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5sync with Nextcloud - NOT WORKING;
sync with WebDAV - NOT WORKING
UPD: v4.4.7 - can't push bookmarks on server - return many errors `Syncing failed with E015`. In logs private data - I send it via e-mail
- by leonardoql, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Now I often use chrome and Android Firefox, but the two bookmarks and other data can not be synchronized, and the current Android Firefox can install a considerable part of the extension plug-in, after a friend recommended that I install flocus, but still can not easily achieve chrome and Android Firefox bookmark synchronization, because I must often open the computer Firefox, to synchronize data.Could you please adapt flocus to the Android Firefox extension plug-in so that Android Firefox can successfully install flocus so that more users can sync their data?
- by Shihabus Sakib Rad, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Finally !! I am able to sync my Firefox bookmarks with Kiwi browser extension. Thank you so much DEV. I was looking for such solution for a year. and finally I came to know about this robust and beautiful add-on.
- by Firefox user 15616741, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Excellent addon, much improved from its earlier incarnations. I use it with nextcloud and I have not used any other bookmarks sync tool since switching to this.
- by Firefox user 13465905, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Addon installation on Firefox works and login into Nextcloud works as well ... on NC "Bookmarks" is installed and works ... Floccus says sync worked all fine but nothing was synced
Update 14.10.2020: tried again for 2 hours to get it to work - no chance. Heaps of cryptic error messages but I'm ending with messed up bookmarks and have to revert to backup ...