To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
This extension makes it possible to create small notes on any web site. It is basic in functionality and design but has some valuable features:
- Markdown support: You can use Markdown to format the text of the note. That means you can also include links and images. Have a look at the basic syntax.
- Notes indicator: When scrolling on a web site, small labels at the top and
the bottom of the page show how many notes are above or below the current view.
You can also jump directly to a specific note via these indicators.
- Minimizing notes: Notes can be minimized to save space.
- Hide notes: All notes can be hidden with a single click.
- Simple design: To fit into any page easily and to not gain to much "attention",
the design of the notes is kept very simple.
- Locations: Specify the scope of a note.
New in version 0.6
- Immediate updates: Changes made to notes that are shared between (opened) (sub)pages, are reflected in the other tabs immediately.
- Keyboard shortcuts: Changes can be discarded via ESC and saved via CTRL+ENTER.
- Raise to top: Clicking or dragging a note makes it raise to top, meaning that it stays in front of all other notes on the page.
- Default color (expert option): The default color of notes can be changed via
extensions.floatnotes.color(I will try to integrate the possibility to change to color for individual notes easily as soon as possible).
New in version 0.7:
- Notes Manager: Search, list and edit all your notes
- Real cross window updates
- Synchronization with Firefox Sync
- Toolbar button and menu entry
- Notes can be pinned to the window (don't move with page when scrolling)
- New location: Notes can be set up to be visible on all pages
New in version 0.8:
- Custom DB location: You can decide where to store your notes.
- Create note: Right click somewhere on a page and select "Create Note..."
- Edit note: Double click on the (text in the) note
- Save note: Just click outside of the note
- Delete note: Hover over the note and click on the `X` on the left side of the note
- Move and resize note: Hover over the note and click and drag on the grey bar on top resp. in the lower right corner of the note
Please submit any issue to http://github.com/fkling/floatnotes/issues. If you find any website with which this add-on does not work well (due to iframes or whatever), please report this too!