Works as advertised:
- can hide the Firefox window to tray when you click the "minimize window" button
- can hide the Firefox window to tray when you click the "close window" button
Why it's better than current (July 2, 2009) alternatives:
- when you have multiple instances of Firefox open, all instances can be minimized (some alternatives will make a minimized instance re-appear when you minimize another instance)
- when you right-click on the Firefox icon in the tray, a pop-up menu appears with options to Restore minimized window(s), open a new window, show the downloads window, or exit Firefox.
Suggestions for improvement:
- when a Firefox window is open, and you click on the Firefox icon in the tray, a new instance of Firefox is launched; this is annoying; a new window should only open when one selects "New Window" from the pop-up menu that appears by right-clicking on the icon.
- an option should be added to the pop-up menu to be able to close all open instances of Firefox, except for one window which shows the homepage set by the user in Firefox's Options (de facto, this is equivalent to exiting Firefox and restarting it).