Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by slikts, 11 years agoRated 2 out of 5I've been having some frustrating moments trying to get this to work. I've checked and double checked everything, and following the instructions just doesn't get me anywhere. It would be a great extension if it were easier to set up.
- by Pisu, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5FirePHP is really useful for PHP developers, particularly when fixing bugs on production websites, where you can't simply "echo" queries or debug infos... plugin for Joomla: http://www.thepisu.tk/software-download/11-joomla/133-firephp-joomla-15-plugin
- by rubberglove, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5Amazing! I've been relying on firebug for a while now for JS work, but this is a huge help for PHP.
It's saved me a lot of headaches on my current project - I plan on donating once I get paid for it ;-)
- by Vincent Pottier, 11 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very very handfull firefox extension for web developers. Debugging PHP on the fly is now something easy. I just expect now for a french translation, a php library to catch errors and some other stuff .
Excellente extension pour les développeurs : un "must have". Déboguer du php devient une partie de plaisir. On attend juste une traduction française, une bibliothèque php pour saisir les erreurs... Bientôt les serveurs seront. LAMPF...
- by Pulsahr Moow, 12 years agoRated 5 out of 5Since i started to use it, i can debug whatever i develop in php, without displaying anything on the webpage.
Extremely useful in AJAX dev, and specific graphical environment which can't afford to display echo stuffs.
- by e.tachka, 12 years agoRated 5 out of 5FirePHP is extremely useful tool for error tracking and controlling your code flow as needed.
I found it irreplaceable for debugging server response in hidden iframes as well as with xmlHTTPResponse.
This new feature brings us simple and powerful solution, really easy to use either you decide to use oop coding style or if you prefer to write your code in procedural fashion.
I recommend adding FirePHP to your php include path if you intend to use it on multiple projects, but you don't have to.
- by Firefox user 1876, 12 years agoRated 4 out of 5FirePHP is an excellent addon for Firebug. It's one of those tools that you wouldn't expect to in a general user's environment, but here it is.
It's growing support for numerous PHP frameworks eventually will bring in a lot of support from those communities and developers who can't afford expensive commercial debugging solutions will always have FirePHP as an alternative.
- by sherlock42, 12 years agoRated 5 out of 5Extremely useful. After Firebug and Web Developer, this is the most essential add-on I have installed for web development. Speeds up and simplifies the debugging process tremendously. Hard to remember how I lived without it.
- by Omnicolor, 12 years agoRated 5 out of 5Though every front end developer must have Firebug, back end developers get less out of Firebug. FirePHP brings the usefulness of Firebug up to where it is for front end developers. Sort of like magic, but easier to use: no wands or smelly potions needed.