Rated 4.2 out of 5
4.2 Stars out of 5
- by Kristian, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great tool to receive messages and debug information from the PHP backend! I hope, the extension will be upgraded in the near future to work together with firebug 3.
- by flagist, 6 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very useful and well working addon, it simplifies debugging of PHP code very much.
I only need two more features in it, I think that with them FirePHP will become THE ultimate debugging addon:
1. The ability to show only FirePHP debug messages in FireBug console. In most cases console is filled with non-critical warnings, but if you disable them to view only useful information, FirePHP output disappears.
2. And the ability to search in Variable Viewer. If variable contains many fields and nested objects, it takes much time to find the needed part, as Firefox search works only in underlying window contents or in Firebug console.
Anyway, great addon and thank you for your work and time!
- by Firefox user 6090187, 8 years agoRated 1 out of 5I'm tired of the issues of incompatibility with the most recent versions of FIrebug, that way, i've given up FirePHP and I found one better alternative: FireLogger, which uses its own in Firebug and have much configuration options. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firelogger/
Developer responseposted 8 years agoCompatible versions are posted at: http://www.firephp.org/
The latest version will appear here once it passes the addon approval process.
You can use DeveloperCompanion on the client as an alternative: http://developercompanion.com/
- by Lance E Sloan, 9 years agoRated 2 out of 5This extension has been poorly documented from the beginning. Add to that the recent problems with updates related to browser and Firebug versions. Version 0.6.* of this extension requires Firebug 1.8+. Firebug 1.8 requires Firefox 5. However, this extension automatically updates on old browser and extension combinations, like Firefox 3.6 with Firebug 1.7!The compatibility issues have been fixed. See: http://groups.google.com/group/firephp-dev/browse_thread/thread/869b20019b33db3c
Your comment about "poor documentation" is not helpful. More critical and detailed feedback is welcome on the mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/firephp-dev
- by Mr Paris, 9 years agoRated 3 out of 5I really liked this very useful add-on but it's not compatible with Firebug 1.8
It has been replaced by a cumbersome and slow commercial add-on :(
Now I have to stick with Firebug 1.7.3 to still use it.Could you be more specific. What is cumbersome and slow specifically? I cannot improve things without more detail.
Also see: http://www.christophdorn.com/Blog/2011/08/03/firephp-and-firebug-1-8/
- by timmck, 10 years agoRated 5 out of 5oh my ignorance and amateurishness !
sure using logs is a good idea... but
firePHP is still awesome, integrated with firebug, sweet and easy way to see whatever you want to see (arrays and variables, not just errors) and the mouseover is so up-to-date. Maybe I'll be able to do the AJAX stuff after all
- by skaiuoquer, 10 years agoRated 1 out of 5I had to install this extension because somebody in my company developed a tool where it uses it for debugging.
Frankly, it's amateurish.
The problematic this tool fixes is the ignorance of most new developers (of which there are plenty on PHP) about their ability to use logs to debug.
Please, investigate on the PHP manual all about logs before beginning to rely on this thing.