To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
FirePath 0.9.7.1.1-signed.1-signed Requires Restart
FirePath is a Firebug extension that adds a development tool to edit, inspect and generate XPath 1.0 expressions, CSS 3 selectors and JQuery selectors (Sizzle selector engine).
This add-on requires the following add-ons to work properly:
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:2,082,217 users
About this Add-on
* Edit XPath expressions, CSS3 selectors and JQuery selectors (Sizzle selector engine) with auto completion for XPath (using TAB or up and down arrows).
* Evaluate the expression/selector on any HTML or XML documents.
* Display the result of evaluations in a Firebug-like DOM tree.
* Highlight the results directly on the document displayed by Firefox (works only with HTML documents).
* Generate an XPath expression or a CSS selector for an element by right clicking on it and selecting "Inspect in FirePath" in the context menu.
* Define the evaluation context (parent) of an expression/selector.
* Choose the document in which to evaluate the expression/selector (only applicable for HTML documents with frames or iframes).
FirePath 0.9.7 requires Firefox 3.5 to 6.0 and Firebug 1.4 to 1.8.*
Note that the XPath auto completion does not work with Firebug 1.6 and higher
FirePath has been developed during my master project at DB4ALL.
DB4ALL.com is a Start-Up at the Database Laboratory at EPFL funded by Innogrant. We are experts on decision support systems and web robots for database collection, integration and cleaning.
Our objective is to promote the use of datasets to users and companies for making more informed decisions. By datasets we refer to the content (list of books, movies, restaurants, jobs, biochemical products, zip codes...).
Fixed a bug which was preventing the "Inspect in FirePath" context menu item
from showing up.