Rated 3.9 out of 5
3.9 Stars out of 5
- by eUROs, 9 months agoRated 3 out of 5Although that I this is a very interesting extension and can be a time saver to many text writing users on the web, I gave only 3 stars because it can ONLY replace text and symbols in the text box of "Google translate" website only. It doesn't work on any other website, or Addon/extension which have full/or pop up text page input window. Fix this problem (to be able to replace text everywhere), and I will give 5 stars on my rating.
- by Stefan Wrobel, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Doesn't work on Squarespace, which I guess is because they have a fancy editor instead of using text inputs. Regardless, it shows find results, but then won't replace them, which is annoying.
- by Rainbow_Spike, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Nice, but heavy, 945 KB
* If you need to use simple search/replace - use "Replace" from erosman, 57 KB
* If you need to use automated search/replace (but without regexps) - use "Search and Replace" from rwanyoike, 36 KB
* If you need to use more configurated substitutions list - take "FoxReplace" from Marc, but 1.39 MB!!!
No favorites, no history...
So I think this addon is the winner of my rating, 5 stars immediately
Even one problem stay - Shift+Ctrl+F doesn't work.
- by Gamliel Fishkin, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5I installed this extension to use it in the dashboard of the ImprovMX mail forwarding service. But when I ask to replace one e-mail address (filled in many text input fields) with another, it says "No Results", however Ctrl+F finds over 400 occurrences.
- by Twisted Code (Phillip M.), 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5works decently well for everything I've tried to use it with. That said, I did notice some problems while editing Wikipedia:
*opening the find/replace dialog under certain circumstances (such as when my view is assumed in) causes page elements to move/scroll (seems like it has something to do with highlighting the target text box)
*replacing things doesn't seem to be recorded in the undo/redo history
*although it appears to be only a visual bug (the text that gets changed matches the search term), it doesn't always highlight what it's actually going to change. This may have something to do with the shifting effect mentioned above, but it's hard to verify that in my position as a user. Good luck, developer.
The first when I could live with, but the second one and especially the last one in conjunction with it is, well, a bit hazardous if I can't undo what I didn't know I was going to be replacing. I can't in good conscience give this 4 stars if it risks replacing the wrong thing, even if the highlighting is purely visual and it replaces what actually matched. Sorry.