- Rated 5 out of 5by timtak, a year agoVery good. It has regex. It can edit text in text editors or blog comment areas, or any other text that one can edit with ones keyboard (and certainly NOT only Google Translate, as claimed by another reviewer). The Regex is full on and e.g. /[0-9]*/ will find and replace a string of numbers between slashes. I was about to make a donation when I see that the management area of the app and above says that the creator was Blake Altice whereas the donation link links to the Paypal of a Dalimil Hajek in Edinburgh. My guess is that the former created it and the latter now keeps it going. And the next day the contribute links to "Imperium Strategy"! What is going on?
I wish that there were a short cut key for replace as well as to open the search and replace window, and that there were an option to keep the search and replace window open.
- Rated 3 out of 5by eUROs, 2 years agoAlthough that I this is a very interesting extension and can be a time saver to many text writing users on the web, I gave only 3 stars because it can ONLY replace text and symbols in the text box of "Google translate" website only. It doesn't work on any other website, or Addon/extension which have full/or pop up text page input window. Fix this problem (to be able to replace text everywhere), and I will give 5 stars on my rating.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Stefan Wrobel, 3 years agoDoesn't work on Squarespace, which I guess is because they have a fancy editor instead of using text inputs. Regardless, it shows find results, but then won't replace them, which is annoying.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Rainbow_Spike, 3 years agoNice, but heavy, 945 KB
* If you need to use simple search/replace - use "Replace" from erosman, 57 KB
* If you need to use automated search/replace (but without regexps) - use "Search and Replace" from rwanyoike, 36 KB
* If you need to use more configurated substitutions list - take "FoxReplace" from Marc, but 1.39 MB!!!
No favorites, no history...
So I think this addon is the winner of my rating, 5 stars immediately
Even one problem stay - Shift+Ctrl+F doesn't work.