- by Joseph Siu, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5Overview: This is a great extension and well built. It looks great at the top of the page and refreshes as expected. Sometimes it covers the top of some web pages but a refresh fixes that.
Suggestions: I wish this toolbar would support crypto as IEX Cloud does have crypto data. I also think an update of the whitelist/blacklist section would be good as I don't understand how to blacklist a single website from this extension.
Concerns: While I'm still wary of the permissions setting to access all data for all websites, I see that the implementation needs it to build the toolbar into the top/bottom of the page.
- by Firefox user 14621474, 3 years agoRated 4 out of 5Excellent extension - until Yahoo killed the server. The IEX solution works fine but OTC was no longer supported. I could not find any place to send a note to Stefan - hopefully he will see this.
The IEX folks have added OTC support --- see https://github.com/iexg/IEX-API/issues/63 (IEX Cloud) This toolbar made me a ton of money when a stock bounced HIGH and fell within an hour. I made 10x the investment. A good ticker is worth the small price this developer requests.
Developer responseposted 3 years agoHi there,
I know that Yahoo ends his Finance service, and then I must rewrite my code to it work for another Finance server. However, there are less API to get this data. And currently is IEX the best JSON type to get this data.
All feedback is welcome to improve this experience.
I always listen to my users, and so you get the best Finance experience.
If you need any help, don't hesitate to use the support form: https://www.stefanvd.net/support
I am happy to help you over there.
- by Firefox user 14072894, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5Conflict with unknown extension. I mean when Finance Toolbar Options page opened, changed option, Firefox will stuck there and become very laggy, until I close the page.
Windows 10 1803, Firefox Developer Edition 62.0b12 (64bit)
Extensions: Stylus, Violentmonkey, uBlock Origin, uMatrix, ScriptSafe, Midnight Lizard, Decentraleyes
- by Firefox user 14098970, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5hard to read for my bad eyesight. Would prefer more of a hard digital font than the dot font on default.You can change the dots font to Arial or another font family. See in the Finance Toolbar Options page -> Design tab.
If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to use the support form: https://www.stefanvd.net/support
I am happy to help you over there.
- by Firefox user 13771386, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5hi pls tell me, i use yahoo finance, and i can c your tool bar onmy top right of firefox. How do i activate it on the stock prices on any web page I am viewing. is there some activation tool?
looks great, but not sure if working perfectly
- by Firefox user 13669872, 4 years agoRated 4 out of 5having some difficulties with the information that I input to save. Put in my stocks and they keep disappearing. It is like it doesn't want to save the information. I like it if it would stop bugging out.Thank you for using the Finance Toolbar.
Try to enable the whitelist option, this to make sure it doesn't refresh always the settings (for each new stock). And check that all the stocks are uppercase.
Please for questions or need help use the support form on this page: https://www.stefanvd.net/support
- by moomintroll, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5When open a jpg in a new tab, it will happen.
In FF56beta the setting cann't complete. May be it's a FF56 bug.
- by Libre-Software, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5Unfortunately, much too loaded options page crashes Firefox on Linux Mint.
This add-on would have be great, please fix it!Hi there,
Sorry you have a bad experience with the Finance Toolbar Firefox extension?
Do you use any other Firefox extensions in the background? Have you tried to disable those one by one except Finance Toolbar.
If you still have this issue, please don't hesitate to contact me on this support form: