Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Locales: bg-BG, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, en-US, es-ES, fa-IR, fi-FI, fr-FR, he-IL, hr-HR, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN,
* Changed: Debug shell buttons now use %COMSPEC% instead of hard-coding to "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"
* New: Delay "Backup reminder" popup until Fx fully loads
* Fixed: Fixed statusbar icon from appearing during scheduled backup when "Hide icons" is checked.
* Fixed a condition that prevented progress window from closing
* New: More checks for runaway backup
* Fixed: Fixed statusbar icon problem (not turning off after scheduled backup)
* New: Added date to results report
* Display/Import/Export FEBE configuration completed
* Changed the way default preferences are declared (febeDefaultPrefs.js)
* Fixed FEBE crash when "Display progress window" option was unchecked
* Timestamp backups now support ISO8601 and European formats
* Fix link on results report to network drive destination directory
* Rewrote some help files to be more descriptive
* Should now backup profiles named "profile" (affected Portable Firefox users)
* Warn about restart in clear prefs window
* FEBE Start page displays after new install/update
* Comprehensive sanity check - item must exist before backup attempted
* Toolbar check for visibility before disabling ("febeTLBRbutton")
* Ignore "Already exists" error when copying zip binaries
* Prevent runaway scheduled backups
* Locales: bg-BG, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, en-US, es-ES, fa-IR, fi-FI, fr-FR, he-IL, hr-HR, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN, zh-TW
* If using CLEO, it must be updated to CLEO 3.1
# Name change ("Environment" instead of "Extension")
# Extensions/themes backup now optional (Options > Options)
# Backup type - Selective or Full profile (Options > Options)
# Buttons to manage FEBE temp file (Options > Debug)
# Button to clear FEBE preferences ((Options > Debug)
# Options to display progress window and results page ((Options > Options)
# Displays system dependent information ((Options > Notes)
# Button to view backup destination directory contents (Options > (Directory)
# Differentiate between errors and warnings on results page
# Display error/warnings on results page first
# Button to display FEBE install directory contents (Options > Notes)
# Option to warn on clearing destination directory (Options > Directory)
# Display Firefox version (Options > Notes > System)
# Option for max timestamped directories to keep (Options > Directory)
# Option to include a copy of FEBE with backup (Options > Options)
# Option to disable permission check (Options > Debug > Misc)
# Added buttons to shell to FEBE install and FEBE tmp directories. This should be helpful in debugging permission, etc. (Options > Debug > Shells)
# Added UI for user-defined backups - single files or entire directories. (For backing up Thunderbird, Greasemonkey scripts, etc.)
# Alert and Confirm message boxes have new custom look.
# Ability to abort scheduled backup (click statusbar icon when flashing)
# Ability to drag and drop statusbar icon
# "Copy to clipboard" button added to alert boxes when in debug mode
# Can now specify FEBE tmp directory
# Checks for new install and reminds to set/clear options
# Option to run backup (on FX startup) if not performed after X days.
# Added "Last backup" date to schedule pane
# Locales: en-US, bg-BG, el-GR, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT , ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, sk-SK, sv-SE, zh-CN (More to come)
Usernames and passwords are saved differently than in previous versions of Firefox. This FEBE version will backup/restore username/passwords correctly for Firefox 1.5 through 18.104.22.168.
FEBE 5.0 beta is available for Windows, *nix, and Mac users at http://customsoftwareconsult.com/extensions/febe/febe50.html
2.0 Updates include:
* 7-zip no longer needed externally. FEBE includes a version in the build.
* Now backs up/restores bookmarks, preferences, and cookies.
* The backup is done in the background. No more ugly DOS windows.
* You must have the windows program "wscript.exe" installed for FEBE to work. This should not be a problem since it has been part of the OS since Windows95.
* Locales: da-DK,de-DE,en-US,es-ES,fr-FR,it-IT,lt-LT,pl-PL,pt-BR,ru-RU,tr-TR. Additional locales in progress.
# While creating the backups, a DOS window will briefly display. This is normal, but a little tacky looking.
# You must have the archive utility "7-zip" installed for this extension to work.