To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
* Fixed: No results report when "Display progress window" option not checked.
* Fixed: Certain options not enabled/disabled when supposed to.
* Fixed: Box.net interface is more stable
* Fixed: Error message properly displayed when attempting to restore a profile when only one profile exists.
* Fixed: QuickBackup not recognizing unselected extensions after "Select all" and unchecking some items.
* Fixed: Cookie backup not getting some properties correctly
* Locales: bg-BG, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, en-US, es-ES, fa-IR, fi-FI, fr-FR, he-IL, hr-HR, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, pt-BR, pt-PT, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN,
* Changed: Debug shell buttons now use %COMSPEC% instead of hard-coding to "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe"
* New: Delay "Backup reminder" popup until Fx fully loads
* Fixed: Fixed statusbar icon from appearing during scheduled backup when "Hide icons" is checked.
* Fixed a condition that prevented progress window from closing
* New: More checks for runaway backup
* Fixed: Fixed statusbar icon problem (not turning off after scheduled backup)
* New: Added date to results report
* Display/Import/Export FEBE configuration completed
* Changed the way default preferences are declared (febeDefaultPrefs.js)
* Fixed FEBE crash when "Display progress window" option was unchecked
* Timestamp backups now support ISO8601 and European formats
* Fix link on results report to network drive destination directory
* Rewrote some help files to be more descriptive
* Should now backup profiles named "profile" (affected Portable Firefox users)
* Warn about restart in clear prefs window
* FEBE Start page displays after new install/update
* Comprehensive sanity check - item must exist before backup attempted
* Toolbar check for visibility before disabling ("febeTLBRbutton")
* Ignore "Already exists" error when copying zip binaries
* Prevent runaway scheduled backups
* Locales: bg-BG, da-DK, de-DE, el-GR, en-US, es-ES, fa-IR, fi-FI, fr-FR, he-IL, hr-HR, it-IT, ja-JP, ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, ro-RO, ru-RU, sk-SK, sv-SE, tr-TR, uk-UA, zh-CN, zh-TW
* If using CLEO, it must be updated to CLEO 3.1
# Name change ("Environment" instead of "Extension")
# Extensions/themes backup now optional (Options > Options)
# Backup type - Selective or Full profile (Options > Options)
# Buttons to manage FEBE temp file (Options > Debug)
# Button to clear FEBE preferences ((Options > Debug)
# Options to display progress window and results page ((Options > Options)
# Displays system dependent information ((Options > Notes)
# Button to view backup destination directory contents (Options > (Directory)
# Differentiate between errors and warnings on results page
# Display error/warnings on results page first
# Button to display FEBE install directory contents (Options > Notes)
# Option to warn on clearing destination directory (Options > Directory)
# Display Firefox version (Options > Notes > System)
# Option for max timestamped directories to keep (Options > Directory)
# Option to include a copy of FEBE with backup (Options > Options)
# Option to disable permission check (Options > Debug > Misc)
# Added buttons to shell to FEBE install and FEBE tmp directories. This should be helpful in debugging permission, etc. (Options > Debug > Shells)
# Added UI for user-defined backups - single files or entire directories. (For backing up Thunderbird, Greasemonkey scripts, etc.)
# Alert and Confirm message boxes have new custom look.
# Ability to abort scheduled backup (click statusbar icon when flashing)
# Ability to drag and drop statusbar icon
# "Copy to clipboard" button added to alert boxes when in debug mode
# Can now specify FEBE tmp directory
# Checks for new install and reminds to set/clear options
# Option to run backup (on FX startup) if not performed after X days.
# Added "Last backup" date to schedule pane
# Locales: en-US, bg-BG, el-GR, es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT , ko-KR, nl-NL, pl-PL, sk-SK, sv-SE, zh-CN (More to come)
Usernames and passwords are saved differently than in previous versions of Firefox. This FEBE version will backup/restore username/passwords correctly for Firefox 1.5 through 184.108.40.206.
FEBE 5.0 beta is available for Windows, *nix, and Mac users at http://customsoftwareconsult.com/extensions/febe/febe50.html
2.0 Updates include:
* 7-zip no longer needed externally. FEBE includes a version in the build.
* Now backs up/restores bookmarks, preferences, and cookies.
* The backup is done in the background. No more ugly DOS windows.
* You must have the windows program "wscript.exe" installed for FEBE to work. This should not be a problem since it has been part of the OS since Windows95.
* Locales: da-DK,de-DE,en-US,es-ES,fr-FR,it-IT,lt-LT,pl-PL,pt-BR,ru-RU,tr-TR. Additional locales in progress.
# While creating the backups, a DOS window will briefly display. This is normal, but a little tacky looking.
# You must have the archive utility "7-zip" installed for this extension to work.