To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
FEBE (Firefox Environment Backup Extension) allows you to quickly and easily backup your Firefox extensions. In fact, it goes beyond just backing up -- It will actually rebuild your extensions individually into installable .xpi files.
About this Add-on
- One click backup from the Toolbar.
- Schedule automatic backups on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Can also be configured to backup on Firefox startup and/or shutdown.
- Save backups in time-stamped folders to easily identify when the backups were created. Specify how many folders you wish to keep and FEBE removes the oldest.
- Backup reminder. FEBE can alert you if a backup has not been completed in a specified number of days.
- Comprehensive results report with links to the author’s extension/theme homepages.
- User-defined backups. Make backups of virtually any file or folder - Firefox related or not. Just specify what to backup and FEBE does the rest.
- Extensive built-in help files. Just click the little blue information icons in FEBE options.
- Verify your extension directory. Upgrading Firefox versions sometimes leaves garbage in the extensions directory. FEBE can clean it up.
- Quick Backup. You can quickly backup as many or as few individual extensions/themes as you like. They can be saved together in a single, installable xpi file (Similar to CLEO).
- … and more!
Once installed, FEBE is available from the Firefox Tools menu. An icon can be placed on the toolbar via (right-click on toolbar) > Customize...
FEBE for Thunderbird (TEBE) beta is being upgraded to work on the latest Tb releases. It is available here.
Important: If you are upgrading from a previous FEBE major version or upgrading from a older Firefox version, you should clear your previous settings. Go to Tools > FEBE > FEBE Options > Advanced > Clear FEBE preferences.
*** NOTE: It appears that my regular support forum cannot be accessed from certain countries. If you cannot access my regular forum, please try my alternate support forum at http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2927423
The Development Channel lets you test an experimental new version of this add-on before it's released to the general public. Once you install the development version, you will continue to get updates from this channel. To stop receiving development updates, reinstall the default version from the link above.
Caution: Development versions of this add-on have not been reviewed by Mozilla.
- Version 8.8.0beta: