To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
Be careful with old versions!
These versions are displayed for reference and testing purposes. You should always use the latest version of an add-on.
New: Display Animated Gifs in the newsfeed Option
New: Improved the Deleted Friends Alerts Interface
For full release notes for this version, see:
Added FBP option button to top nav bar (Can be hidden with Custom CSS)
Added a hide "Liked This" newsfeed story filter
+ fixes for various filters etc,
See http://news.fbpurity.com for full release notes for this version.
Improved the force sort newsfeed by "Most Recent" option
Fixed "Block Appp" Buttons, for blocking facebook games and applications
Fixed the "Hide Trending Topics / Hashtags" box option
The latest version of FBP will always be available directly from the Official FB Purity website
For full release notes see the FB Purity News Page
The "hide sponsored box" filter has been updated to also hide the "similar to" popup box.
Plus more tweaks and fixes. See http://www.fbpurity.com/news/f-b-purity-update-v8-7-0-features-hide-trending-box-hide-similar-boxe-plus-fixes/ for full release notes
Adds hide "like page suggestions bar" functionality to hide sponsored box option.
Adds option to hide facebook smileys / emoticons
Adds option to hide all photos
Adds option to hide all videos
Adds option to hide youtube videos
Adds option to fix the newsfeed's left column navbar in position, so it doesnt move when the newsfeed is scrolled.
+ Lots more fixes and tweaks,
Full release notes here:
Full release notes for this release are available at http://tiny-url.org/fbp801
If you experienced the above error, you will need to reset the settings for the extension. You can read how to do that here: https://www.facebook.com/puritytest/posts/494924047205508
Fixed block application function
Added a more prominent block app button to appcenter app pages
Fixed application filter + Instagram whitelisting
Added FBP Info bar and filtering to game and "page feed"
+ More Miscellaneous Fixes
Please See http://news.fbpurity.com for full release notes
Fixed BA application blocking, App filter now filters more apps.
Ad filter improved.
If hide sponsored box option is ticked, sponsored stories in the newsfeed are now completely hidden (they dont show up in the extras filter)
Fixed various other minor bugs.
Fixed display anomalies in message send window
Stopped hidden button from showing in "liked a page" message in ticker.
Added extra highlighting/clarity on the App Center permissions page.
Now hides ads on login and logout screen.
* Fixed option to turn off Facebooks external link interception and tracking
* Added Remove event "x" links on events page ( facebook.com/events/ , to give you the option to delete/remove events rather than just decline them. (in firefox you may need to reload the events page to get the xs to show up)
* Highlights applications in "App Center" that request your email address or posting permissions
* Fixed application blocking when user has FB interface set to a language other than English
* Fixed block application link on application pages
* Fixed various extra filters including 'shared a photo' and 'uploaded photo'
* Fixed "fix news article redirect" option to show google search link for articles read via "social reader" and other news article URLs that dont have the URL to the actual article embedded in them
* Hide sponsored box option now also hides sponsored stories in the newsfeed
* Centered and widened single column timeline layout
* Added "'matched filter' text for various filters, for identifying which extra filter was triggered by which story"
* Tweaked "Block Application" buttons on application permission request pages, so the Block button shows up right next to the other buttons.
* Improved various extra filters to match more stories
Visit http://news.fbpurity.com for the full release notes.
* Improved some of the "extra" filters. Please note that if you have your Facebook interface set to a language other than English, FBP's built in "extra" filtering functionality will not work, so you will either need to switch your Facebook interface to English, or else, put your own Custom Text phrases that you want to filter out in your own language into FBP's Custom Text Filter box.
* Fixed comment button on Birthday and Ticker Flyout boxes
* Fixed Hide Recent Activity Button
* Updated the Hide "Read an Article" option to include the new "Trending Articles" boxes.
* New method for disabling Timeline ( see http://fbpurity.com/remove-timeline )
* Fixed erroneous extra filtering (FBP had started to filter out posts that it shouldnt have, due to a code change at Facebook) - Please note that due to this change, the built in extra filtering now relies on the Facebook interface being set to English. If you dont set your Facebook interface to English, the built in filters wont work, and you will have to add Custom Text Filters in your own language to the Custom Text FIlter box, on the FBP options screen.
* Fixed delete recent activity functionality, its now "hide recent activity" to reflect that its no longer deleted, just hidden.
* Fixed the option to force the newsfeed to be sorted by "most recent"
* Fixed "BA" (Block Application) links
* Fixed hide ads in message pages
* Fixed hide chat box option
Due to the slow, bureacratic and annoying nature of getting extensions onto addons.mozilla.org site, the most up to date and bug free version of this extension will always be available directly from the extension's homepage at http://www.fbpurity.com
Become a fan of FB Purity on Facebook at http://facebook.com/fluffbustingpurity
and if you like Twitter at http://twitter.com/fbpurity and Google Plus http://gplus.to/fbpurity to stay up to date with the latest releases of FB Purity. (If you rely on getting the latest releases via Firefox autoupdate mechanism, you will always be using an out of date version of the extension that will most likely not work too well)
Various other fixes to make the filtering work better.
if you do install v6.x directly over v5.x the problem that occurs is it says "there are 2 versions of fbp installed" the solution to that is to uninstall fbp, restart the browser then install v6.x again
Fixed fan page story filter + logged in user filter
Fixed attending and attended event filters
Fixed intermittent "FB Glitch" errors on friends list pages
Fixed too-wide textareas on options screen (css, whitelist + custom text)
Fixed Upload photo button duplication
Improved tabbed textareas differentiation (so user can see more easily that they are separate entitiies)
Fixed erroneous "friend requested" buttons showing up in ticker bar "became friends" messages
Added "shared an event" to "created event" filter
Fixed "shared a link" filter to filter out more links
added hide live ticker (the right hand column floating feed) option
fixed spaces in application whitelist issue
fixed positioning of WL + BA links.
added "updated school" and "relatives" stories to the updated profile extra filter.
added "tagged in a post" stories to "commented/liked status" filter.
added "allowed subscribers" stories to "friends with" extra filter.
added windows phone 7, and facebook for windows phone 7 to default whitelist.
fixed hiding ads on the photo lightbox