- by Sanders Family, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Perfect! The one instruction most people are missing is that you go to m.facebook, go to you activity log, select "posts" and then pick the month and the year that you want to delete, and when the list loads, YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY DELETE A POST, and then the extension loads at the top in a grey block just underneath the "search facebook" bar, and you just click the "delete now" button. Easy.
- by Koppi, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Funktioniert einwandfrei!
Einfach korrekt an die Bedienungsanleitung halten :-)
Zwar mühsam, Monat fürt Monat an zu klicken, einen Beitrag zu löschen und dann dieses Addon zu starten aber hey, besser als jeden verdammten Beitrag einzeln aus zu wählen!
Vielen Dank BlackShaman!
- by Firefox user 14823901, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Works as advertised. At first, I wasn't sure what to do but it turns out that the extension loads automatically when you go to you activity log on m.facebook.
You go to m.facebook, go to you activity log, select "posts" and then pick the month and the year that you want to delete, and when the list loads, delete the first item manually and then the extension loads at the top, and you just click the "delete now" button. It's very simple to use.
It only works on m.facebook and you may have to delete a couple of posts before the extension loads. I wish there was a way to delete more than 1 months posts at a time, as Ive been deleting posts for 2 hours, but Ive deleted almost 5 years woth of posts in that time. This app works better for me than the deletion app that's available on Google Chrome, and this app hasn't stopped working and started a "donate now" tab that won't go away until you say yes. I'm just glad that the developer of this app found a way to delete more than 50 old posts at a time, and I can finally get rid of my old and cringeworthy posts. Thanks for making this extension.
- by Firefox user 14572494, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Facebook's been updated making it more difficult to erase posts. Facebook cleaner seemed to stop working but, it wasn't so. It only works with m.facebook.com. Profile - Activity log - filter posts. Normally you get a "DELETE" button after this but it is gone. To enable it again, delete the first post in the row, then it will appeare again. Thumbs up for this awesome plugin!
- by Firefox user 14658397, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5"Addon only works in "m.facebook.com" when open the special pages."
This doesn't mean you necessarily need to open the m.facebook.com! Because that's what I first understood. Works with the normal www.facebook.com as well.
It just means IF you use the m.facebook.com you need to open the special pages!
I wish to have a look at the source code is that possible?
Because I want to add the option to only remove posts/likes/comments based on specific criteria like:
remove only everything that's said public.
Or remove only everything from a specific group.
Or remove only everything at a specific persons wall
or other criteria.
Right now it does what it must do perfect. Removes EVERYTHING within a give time-frame.
It does this rather slow albeit that's not so important simply because it works and that's important.
But I really wish the original author to add the functionality as described above or let me tweak the source code to do this.
I could write a complete new removal tool myself, but I don't have the time for such.
- by Firefox user 14562025, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5I was skeptical about using this add on due to the negative reviews that I was reading. However, I would like to say that it deleted every one of my timeline posts quickly and with minimal effort on my part. The description has a bit of broken English so I can understand why some people may be confused on getting started, but whoever made this did a wonderful job and if s/he is reading this - you did GREAT and so many people don't even speak a second language so who cares if you didn't get the language perfect? You're great!
That being said, here is what you do.
Visit m.facebook.com on a LAPTOP or DESKTOP, this cannot be done on tablet or your cell!
At the top you will click "profile." Then under the header on the next page, pick "activity log." Next choose "filter."
These are all easy to find links and buttons on the page. From there begin with posts, which is personally the only part I cared much about deleting. It will NOT say Your Posts, it will simply say Posts. Then at the top hit the button marked "delete." Once it finishes your most recent month's posts, you will be able to select the previous month. It will run, stop, and you choose the next month. So on and so forth.
But I digress, this add on actually works as it states and I wish people would rate it accordingly. Have a great one!
- by Tristan Young, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5Does what it says it does, and seems to be the only addon (or script) that works. Managed to delete all of my posts, comments, and likes. Thanks for creating this wonderful experimental extension.
- by Firefox user 13357257, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5The UI might not be that advanced, but it does exactly what it says. Thank you author for sparing me from tedious hours for removing my FB history!