Review by raby
- Rated 1 out of 5by CyberAqyn, a year agoVery suspicious addon. When adding, it warns that it takes access to my data for ALL websites. Looks like some spyware!
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 13000085, 2 years agoAbsoluter Müll - es gibt keine Möglichkeit dieses ADD-On zu starten. Es taucht unter den installierten ADD-Ons auf. Und das war's das. Auch keinerlei brauchbare Anleitung.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Coops, 3 years agoRegrettably doesn't seem to work on Comments or Likes anymore. But its a GREAT start if you're wanting to get rid of posts.
It is really sad that Facebook doesn't offer a solution for mass deleting content though. I'm slowly weaning myself off Facebook all together, and to do that - I'm trying to remove my content.
- Rated 2 out of 5by DreamPhreak, 3 years agoI wanted to delete EVERYTHING but it only deleted the likes for the current month. Followed the instructions about going to activity log->filter->x but then the button to delete everything doesnt show up on those filters.
- Rated 4 out of 5by msf205, 3 years agoУдаляет посты без проблем. Лайки оптом не удаляет, но и на том спасибо. Это все равно гораздо быстрее, чем по одному вручную каждый пост удалять.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14790052, 3 years agoWieso kann man diese Seite nicht auf deutsch bringen?
- Rated 1 out of 5by What???, 3 years agoBogus positive reviews is what I believe. This add-on installs invisibly but does not appear when you go to the m.facebook.com page. There is no "profile" for you to select.
The only option is to Edit Profile (right away the instructions are wrong).
Once you're in your Activity Log, you see you individual posts, but FB History cleaner is still missing.
Let's be pragmatic here.
There's some interesting comments that are trying to reassure you. I really like the one where they say this add-on works on your phone; however, in reality it's only available for download for FF desktop version. And that one is another positive review.
Then there's instructions posted by another reviewer to do the following which is also bogus:
"select "posts" and then pick the month and the year that you want to delete, and when the list loads, YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY DELETE A POST, and then the extension loads at the top in a grey block just underneath the "search facebook".
--THE ABOVE DOES NOT WORK. NOTHING SHOWS UP WHEN YOU FILTER BY MONTH.
I made the effort to spare you all. Like the covidiots these people likely are, they're grinning at me right now because they found another sucker to try the app and hopefully become frustrated.
Another reviewer goes on and endorses the previous reviewers. Are they working in teams or just the same people?
I feel these guys are malicious people who want you to spend time trying to do what the add-on claims.
If the add-on actually worked, there would be a link to a youtube video to it. At the very least, some visuals. But no. There never was.
The last time this add-on was updated was three years ago. The developer has also another experimental add-on as he calls it and claims to block youtube ads. We know that's not possible and I am sure you can see where this is going. The developer's website is now 404.
Anyway, unless the developer provides a link on how to have the add-on appears, function and accurately describes the steps to delete your posts, likes or comments; I believe all positive reviews here are from shills or paid reviewers.
I won't expect him though. The developer won't intervene and there won't be any update because he's no longer around or he's not using the same name so he's unreachable. Only dummies would download this extension and expect any update.
- Rated 3 out of 5by Jon, 3 years agoWas a great add-on. Unfortunately, now, it only works for "posts", not comments and likes. Most don't want to delete their posts deleted, but rather the latter, just their likes and comments. If we can get that functionality back, this add-on would get 5 stars hands down!
Check out the one one the latest reviews by Sanders, if you are one of those wanting "posts" deleted. His clarifications and instructions are great.
As for cleaning out likes and comments, the rest of us are hoping for an update.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Sanders Family, 3 years agoPerfect! The one instruction most people are missing is that you go to m.facebook, go to you activity log, select "posts" and then pick the month and the year that you want to delete, and when the list loads, YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY DELETE A POST, and then the extension loads at the top in a grey block just underneath the "search facebook" bar, and you just click the "delete now" button. Easy.
- Rated 1 out of 5by Firefox user 14476858, 3 years agoNo sure what everyone is talking about! You can access Profile --> Activity Log -->Filter, Your Posts, Comments and Likes from mobile browser (Using One Plus 7 pro, Pixel 3 and Xiaomi 9 ) However! the extension is [RUBBISH] and doesn't work! Only guther JS facebook worked, and is now removed.
- Rated 1 out of 5by MeenotU, 3 years agoI used a similar add-on on Chrome previously which worked beautifully. Then last spring Chrome changed things and I can't use the add-on any longer.
I found this one for FF and I thought it was bizarre it only worked in "mobile" mode. However, even so, I thought I would try.
The instructions say to go to your
Profile --> Activity Log -->Filter-->Comments
However, there's no way to access your Activity Log in the mobile version like you can in the desktop.
Finally, the extension doesn't even appear in the latest FF version.
Don't waste your time and have your blood pressure increase trying to figure this out. Developer's support website is now toast. Uninstalled.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Koppi, 4 years agoFunktioniert einwandfrei!
Einfach korrekt an die Bedienungsanleitung halten :-)
Zwar mühsam, Monat fürt Monat an zu klicken, einen Beitrag zu löschen und dann dieses Addon zu starten aber hey, besser als jeden verdammten Beitrag einzeln aus zu wählen!
Vielen Dank BlackShaman!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14823901, 4 years agoWorks as advertised. At first, I wasn't sure what to do but it turns out that the extension loads automatically when you go to you activity log on m.facebook.
You go to m.facebook, go to you activity log, select "posts" and then pick the month and the year that you want to delete, and when the list loads, delete the first item manually and then the extension loads at the top, and you just click the "delete now" button. It's very simple to use.
It only works on m.facebook and you may have to delete a couple of posts before the extension loads. I wish there was a way to delete more than 1 months posts at a time, as Ive been deleting posts for 2 hours, but Ive deleted almost 5 years woth of posts in that time. This app works better for me than the deletion app that's available on Google Chrome, and this app hasn't stopped working and started a "donate now" tab that won't go away until you say yes. I'm just glad that the developer of this app found a way to delete more than 50 old posts at a time, and I can finally get rid of my old and cringeworthy posts. Thanks for making this extension.
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14572494, 4 years agoFacebook's been updated making it more difficult to erase posts. Facebook cleaner seemed to stop working but, it wasn't so. It only works with m.facebook.com. Profile - Activity log - filter posts. Normally you get a "DELETE" button after this but it is gone. To enable it again, delete the first post in the row, then it will appeare again. Thumbs up for this awesome plugin!
- Rated 5 out of 5by Firefox user 14658397, 4 years ago"Addon only works in "m.facebook.com" when open the special pages."
This doesn't mean you necessarily need to open the m.facebook.com! Because that's what I first understood. Works with the normal www.facebook.com as well.
It just means IF you use the m.facebook.com you need to open the special pages!
I wish to have a look at the source code is that possible?
Because I want to add the option to only remove posts/likes/comments based on specific criteria like:
remove only everything that's said public.
Or remove only everything from a specific group.
Or remove only everything at a specific persons wall
or other criteria.
Right now it does what it must do perfect. Removes EVERYTHING within a give time-frame.
It does this rather slow albeit that's not so important simply because it works and that's important.
But I really wish the original author to add the functionality as described above or let me tweak the source code to do this.
I could write a complete new removal tool myself, but I don't have the time for such.