- by Timelugia, a year agoRated 3 out of 5I love the idea of this, but recently (2/2020) it hasn't been working. Facebook still loads in the container, with a white bar underneath. But it is definitely still seeing my search history in other containers. I'm getting ads about quitting smoking.
I have never smoked. But yesterday I did a lot of research on rehabilitation from drug misuse for a character in my novel. This is the only time I can think of that I even approached the topic of drugs or addiction on my computer. But facebook knows, despite being in a container. :(
- by Gary, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Can't honestly say how well facebook container works but i think i get fewer suggested pages, ads, etc (though I have a number of anti-ad solutions in place, aside from FB container).
I've only given the extension 3 stars though because it was listed as available on FF android and installed fine too, before the recent update to 68.2.0.
Now i find the "about this extension" detail says it doesn't work on FF android. Yet it did and was available from the app add-on list. Didn't seem to cause any issues either on FF android.
- by Firefox user 13395265, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5I am glad to have this protection but when I decide to share something I don't want it to tell me that I can't because it was blocked. The option to override it out to be be readily available at that specific moment in time. Who has time to logon in order to explore how to add a site? That's a very big negative in my mind.
- by Firefox user 15229433, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5Was working great until recently, but for the past week or so pages haven't loaded until I've taken the browser's advice and disabled this extension. Some bug causing the thing to slow browsers down to a halt.
Still giving 3 stars because if this performance issue is fixed then everything else about it is great.
- by Firefox user 15093114, 2 years agoRated 3 out of 5There are certain sites I would like to be able to whitelist, but it appears the only way to do it is to disable it entirely. As others have said, there are places where I'm willing to allow facebook to know I'm there, it should be easy for me to add pages to the container/whitelist them.