- Rated 2 out of 5by Moz://FifthAxiom, 3 years agoSerious bugs in the Facebook-container extension code involving triggering actions on URL change / container change.
- Clicking links / changing URLs in omni-box from container site to container site will close the current tab (history lost) and opens two tabs to new container site
- Clicking links container site to non- container site working okay (one new tab opened, history container maintained)
- For Google container add-on sometimes when clicking on link in search results, it will not open a new tab but opens a new site in the current container (login session lost). This means Google is not separated from other sites. Also occurs when typing in the omni-box
- Changing URLs in omni-box from container site to non- container (and visa versa) will close current tab (it should open a new tab instead of closing the container tab although arguable)
- No problems while staying in same container
*** TESTED ***
All container add-ons are conflicting as a result (you can only use one). Mozilla needs to change the code that triggers actions (triggered twice going from container to container site using multiple add-ons).
Conclusion: You cannot fork the Facebook container add-on without rewriting the code.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Maja Potega, 3 years agoWie mittlerweile fast alle Adblocker verlangsamt das Add-on den Browser. Facebook friert ein, sobald ich längere Zeit auf anderen Websites unterwegs war. Der Aufbau von Fb dauert danach dann sehr lange. Außerdem geht das Gerät nach 2 Min. Pause in den Standbybetrieb. Ich habe das Add-on wieder gelöscht. Warum es von FF empfohlen wird, weiß ich nicht.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15279761, 3 years agoI can see its value but it makes using the internet really difficult in the end. When you actually want to share things on FB, you just can't. There's no option to disable this on any site, which should be completely obvious to do. I couldn't put up with it after a week.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15124411, 3 years agoThis add-on is only half-built. The toolbar interface makes it look like you can add sites to the Facebook container - there's even a heading that says "Sites you've allowed" but I can't find any way to do it. Without a way to selectively turn it off for certain sites, this add-on is a pain.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Ben, 3 years agoPros: Seems to block my Facebook login from other sites.
Cons: That includes any "log in with Facebook" functionality. There are no options for the extension and no way to add additional allowed sites, you're stuck with the hard-coded ones.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14025195, 3 years agoIt works when you can get it figured out. I find the process of adding a site to the containers is not intuitive and just hard to do. This could be so much easier. This add on always seems to loose it memory of sites, not sure if they are using cookies and when I delete them all and then you have to start over or if it is when Firefox updates, but again all my saved sites are wiped clean.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 15064647, 3 years agoJe rencontre des problèmes avec certains jeux (exemple : Solitaire Social) depuis la mise à jour. Je ne vois pas comment ajouter le jeu dans les exceptions. J'ai donc dû retirer cette extension pour pouvoir jouer, j'étais obliger sinon de passer par Chrome !!!
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14729668, 4 years agoThe container for Facebook appears to hav sopped FB video s from playing. Started 2 days ago & I looked at various options in Ffox help - no help, but I turned off/cancelled "separate container for Facebook and vdeos now work. what gives? I prefer not to be tracked.
- Rated 2 out of 5by Firefox user 14606354, 4 years agoI don't think this is containing the facebook tab from tracking other tabs because it showed the exact artists ad from the youtube tab i was listening to and i assure you i dont get much artist ads on facebook. I would love to get any sort of help because facebook can be scary at time
- Rated 2 out of 5by Adriano, 4 years agoExtensão funciona muito bem, mas falta a implementação de de configuração para que seja possível adicionar sites para o container.
O caso já é relatado a algum tempo para essa modificação em algumas issues no github, como por exemplo a 70 e 574.