- by damg, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Depuis l'installation de ce module (que j'ai supprimé depuis) facebook est la première suggestion dans ma barre d'adresse/recherche ce qui est assez génant et qui n'avait jamais été le cas avant ça. Je pensais pourtant que facebook serait moins présent et intrusif?
- by caesarius, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I really appreciate the effort from Mozilla to protect our personal data, but this blocks Workplace, which is very inconvenient! I really hope they can address this issue soon.
- by Firefox user 16228050, a year agoRated 1 out of 5It works fine on my Windows destop, but is not available for my mobile and my tablet as they are on Android - but I go on FB far more on those devices than on my work PC...
- by Erin Palms, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Activating this add-on effectively locked me out of my facebook account. When I went to log in within the container it said my password was wrong and to change it. I did, using my email account to enter the code proving it was me. Then, because I have two-factor authentication, it required another code via the app on my phone. I do not have facebook on my phone. Therefore I cannot authenticate. So I DL'd FB on my phone and obviously can't log in there because my password was changed. I requested a text authentication code for my phone number that it registered to FB. Never received a text....so now I can no longer log in to facebook at all. Absolutely infuriating. The only other option is to submit a request to facebook with a photo of my ID. Not happening. I guess this really is a facebook container after all. Facebook is in the container and I'm out of it.
- by Firefox user 16181711, a year agoRated 1 out of 5It didn't work at all. Websites were still managing to upload my information to Facebook - and no, they were not websites or agencies that I gave information to. For example, I wasn't logged in to any service. I had recently performed searches for a specific, one-time product. Thinking I was protected, I logged in to Facebook, and one of the advertisers managed to remarket to me. This is clearly what the description claims it is supposed to prevent. This makes all of the past advertising I dismissed as coincidence a now clear subversion of the purpose of this add-on.
- by soccertl, a year agoRated 1 out of 5I might love this container, but it prevents the Facebook games from working. They timeout trying to start. Once I disable the container, they start working again. There is no icon to click that allows me to add apps.facebook.com to the allowed list, so I had to disable it. Shame, I really hate Facebook tracking me everywhere but this is not working for me if I can't play the Facebook games.
Developer responseposted a year agoWe are aware of the Facebook Games breakage. We're working on a fix for it (Track its progress at https://github.com/mozilla/contain-facebook/issues/663)
In the meantime, we can walk you through how to fix specific games by adding their parent site to the container. Example: To fix Words with Friends, add Zynga.com to the Facebook Container.
- by Bruce Patel, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5first thing is why it needs my username and password? others will be available after the answer/
- by rjbcollege, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5Having read the blurb I liked the idea of the fence warning me I was in the facebook realm. I went to facebook.com and the fence didn't know this was part of facebook. Not a great start.
- by Firefox user 6783102, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5This add-on prevents login to Chase credit card site. Ever since this add-on went active in April, I have been having numerous and annoying website issues. I have disabled Facebook Container and have not experienced any problems since disabling. This app is a headache and should be quarantined until properly debugged and peer-reviewed. (CPU: I5-2330M, RAM: 12Gb, OS: Windows 10, 64-bit, Browser: Firefox 76.0-64 bit)
- by Firefox user 14315996, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5While I love the idea of this extension, it causes too much breakage on certain sites. For example, this extension breaks Sharepoint online or any other site inside of Microsoft 365/Azure that has an embedded Facebook widget. It causes the page to get stuck in an infinite login loop if you try to allow the widget or causes the page to display incorrectly otherwise. Not recommended if you use Firefox for work with Microsoft 365.
- by BoilingOil, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5There is probably a good reason for this, but I do not fancy needing to login anew, every time I open Facebook. That gets old extremely fast, so I'll ensure my privacy in other ways, thank you.
- by thompsonmj, 2 years agoRated 1 out of 5On the same day I first heard about a very specific product and searched for it using DuckDuckGo through Firefox with the Facebook Container installed and running, I saw an ad on Facebook for that exact product model. I had not been searching for other related products prior to this search, so it is not possible that Facebook inferred my interest in this product and this was simply a creepy coincidence. The only plausible possibilities are 1) Facebook Container failed to isolate my search from Facebook's tracking, or 2) Facebook truly does listen to conversations using laptop/smartphone microphones and uses this for targeted ads.