Rated 3.7 out of 5
3.7 Stars out of 5
- by Firefox user 11853622, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5The best night mode app. Others are only color inverters making images useless with random colors and they don't function in hotmail e.g. Night Mode Pro. They cut contents from user view. I had to completely disable the night mode pro extension to make hotmail work. This one works perfect with hotmail. Few websites such as mozilla plugins pages have glitches such as structure so don't expect it to work 100% and thats already stated by the dev. Anyway, this only occurs on heavy graphical webpages with lots of images where a nighmode is not needed. Plus, you can disable the filter without the need to go in firefox settings and disable the whole extension like others. Wikipedia works A+ with this. I like this addon also because of its felxibility/features giving users the options to select brightness level and time ; not only an on/off switch.
Thanks for the great lightweight addon and looking forward for updates and improvements!
- by Euzenmendenzien, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5Useful app,but different colors end up becoming the same color and they overlap too much so the the borderlines between things become invisible. Hope you solve this problem
- by yoshi_s_island, 5 years agoRated 2 out of 5I have tried this, and Night Mode Pro by Elen Norphen. That one is a 0.0.1 release and not perfect, but beats this one (that should be mature, it's in its 2.3.5 version!) by 4 stars to 2.
Avoid this one. or if you don't trust this review, try both add-ons personally, and judge yourself :)
Developer responseposted 5 years agoHi friend, we respect your choice, if you do not like our effort, you can feedback us which points are not satisfied you, or just leave it. but please do not use this way to prompt your add-on.
- by Randomguy, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5A great and confortable add-on that works without major flaws in the latest Firefox 38,despite some pages not having a big difference and the mode on making it hard to see the interface and icons properly.
However using Nightly it might be a bit annoying to use it's GUI and a reboot/forced update might be needed,not to mention that unlike in the "normal" Firefox,in Nightly you need to refresh the page.
- by Col_Hogan85, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5Just installed this but wow! I can't stand the blaring white and low contrast that almost all websites seem to like to use. Up until now I have been forced to use a custom setting that was buried deep inside the firefox preferences which was very slow. It also would not work very well with displaying pictures.
Now with this it is only a click away on my toolbar and the dark theme works very well and if it doesn't, well another click and I'm back to glaring white. No hassle.
I would agree with other reviews though. It could be darker...or even customizable!
- by happysurf, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Nice and useful tool.
Doesn't work fine on some web site like these AMO pages.
The background color is too light in my opinion, I suggest a dark gray similar to #242223.
- by Bannor, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5Seems to work OK - but I have somehow hidden the toolbar button; and now I cannot get it back and therefore cannot use this addon any more. Uninstalling / reinstalling did not help. I don't like to report things here, but I found no email address or links to a forum to report this.
- by Jayghosh Rao, 5 years agoRated 3 out of 5Nice work on the addon. However, It doesn't work completely on some sites. Some areas of the page (especially section borders) appear white when they really should be darkened. Try this out on the mozilla addons page and see. Please improve it.
- by Nemo, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5I like this addon. It's really good for the eyes.
And I have two suggestions for future versions:
1- Timer function for auto on-off.
2- Blacklist option to exclude problematic websites.
- by vij_km123, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5I was looking for this kind of addon for many days. I use Hacker Vision in Chrome and this addon is very much similar. This addon is working well so far however some improvements are needed. Here are my issues with this addon:
1. When using certain websites like nytimes, wikipedia etc.. logos and icons disappear. Is it possible to make the logos not disappear? I think "Hacker vision" extension in Chrome shows the correct behavior.
2. Text could be made brighter when using this addon.
This addon is licensed as GPL V3 license. However I could not find any source code. Where is the source code located?
Regardless of these issues, I am satisfied with this addon so far.
- by frd, 5 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is great for guarding my vision, and it makes me a ninja browser in the office!
I use this addon along with ImageBlock 2.1, f.lux, and dimmed RGB monitor settings for a fully comfy and stealthy viewing experience.
Awesome addon, keey up the awesome work!
- by suprith, 5 years agoRated 4 out of 5it's nice addon ,& i use it often,but it could be improved as we can't see pictures on buttons like,hide private results button in google search,which has a picture of grey globe on it.