- Rated 4 out of 5it seems the module doesnt work anymore
- Rated 5 out of 5Would love to see this incorporate the "only if visited fewer than X times" functionality from PlacesCleaner ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/placescleaner/ ), which is now abandoned...
- Rated 5 out of 5Works perfectly! Thank you for bringing this functionality to Firefox.
Would it be possible to add this feature?
Keep history entries visited more than [ X ] times.
[ Specify Number of Visits ]
- Rated 1 out of 5There being no SeaMonkey version, I downloaded the Firefox version (1.1.3) of the extension, converted it via the Extension Converter for SeaMonkey at , and installed the converted result. All conversion options were selected. In the installed extension, I set the "Expire visits older than these days" to 30, which had been my setting before the capability was removed from Toolkit/Places.
At 2/8/16 9:45 AM Pacific time, my history still contains entries from more than 32 days earlier.
- Rated 5 out of 5Problem is solved with 1.2.0
Great add on!
- Rated 3 out of 5v1.1.3 still does not work with FF 44.0 64bit. Cannot check on 32bit, maybe does not work too.
- Rated 4 out of 5windows 7 ff 44
I agree with AC 1.1.2 broken (does not purge history according to rule) 1.1.1 works
- Rated 5 out of 5This add-on has successfully prevented my Firefox/Pale Moon/Waterfox to delete my history in more or less 3 months w/o me proceeding to do the technical way. Thanks so much!
- Rated 3 out of 5I installed this last night, but it doesn't seem to have done anything yet. I have left the "Disable Places expiration (May hurt performance)" box unchecked at the moment. Am I supposed to check the box to make this add-on work, or does that option do something else? Adding a line about what this option does to the add-on description would be very useful.
- Rated 5 out of 5The add-on does what it promises. A minor feature request would be to allow users to select number of years or months, instead of the user having to calculate number of days herself.
- Rated 5 out of 5I been using this for months and its been working fine for me. First time is not instant but over time you will notice it.
- Rated 1 out of 5Nothing at all. Installed four days ago and not removed a single record in history. FF 41.0.1 portable
- Rated 5 out of 5Just added recently...restarted Firefox and let it run at least 10 minutes without using web browser ....Wella...my Older than 6 Months History file is EMPTY!!! YAY. THANK YOU to developers....
- Rated 4 out of 5This is a useful add-on that provides an almost essential functionality that used to be included in Firefox, but it could use some improvement.
As the previous commenter noted, there is no way to know when it is doing its thing - some sort of "start" button would be helpful to activate it following installation.
As stated in the About, the initial cleanup can take some time, but having compared it to deleting chunks of history using the FF interface, this slowness seems to be a FF issue rather than a problem with this add-on.
Once it is up and running, the add-on diligently removes "expired" history as per the "older than" setting, but it does seem to cause performance issues in FF from time to time, possibly because it starts running when it perceives FF is idle, at which point the FF UI becomes very vulnerable to freezing..
It would be a great improvement to have some user control over when it runs, like a "run when FF has been idle for x minutes" or "run daily at x time", but at the very least, some indication of when it is running.
I have not been able to find any information anywhere about what the "Disable Places expiration" setting actually does (i.e. what is deleted/not deleted depending whether it is checked), and I have left it unchecked (the default on installation).
I do notice that the add-on has not been updated for over three years, and wonder if that may be causing the performance issues I have experienced.
- Rated 4 out of 5After installing the Addon yesterday, setting the expiry-time to 255 days (~0,7 years) and checking the "Disable places expiration"-setting; I can confirm that today all older history-items are cleared.
4 Stars because:
* This Addon is normally switched off after installation.
* You dont know when exactly the addon is doing its work (eventually in idle time)
* This 2 facts are not described in the about-it section.
Apart from that: Well done.
Thanks for this helpful addon!
Greetings from Austria!
- Rated 5 out of 5Thank you very much for developing this add-on.
- Rated 4 out of 5Not an addon that would normally be needed. If it is needed it does exacly what it says. Tested in Firefox Nightly
Posted in relation to support question https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1013105
- Rated 1 out of 5So, my review being a 1-star rating is primarily due to the difficulty of making the app actually work.
Navigating to the add-ons page, then selecting the appropriate app to perform a function that SHOULD be built into the menus is utterly pants-on-head retarded in the first place. Then when I've navigated to the page and changed the duration Firefox saves data for, there's no "save settings" option, and simply navigating away from the page or closing it doesn't update with the changes made.
So, pretty much, the app works precisely as well as not having it at all.
- Rated 5 out of 5Yet another plugin required to restore a feature removed by Mozilla developers
- Rated 5 out of 5A nice little add-on. I have been searching for something that would do this for a long time. One reason it took me so long to find it was because I didn't think to search for "Expire" but searched for "Delete" instead. A few more people might find it if you could bring yourself to include that in the name ;)
5 Stars, I can never get that bit to work.
- Rated 4 out of 5works well with FF26. Why did Mozilla remove this option btw ???
And what is "disable places expiration (hurts performance)" ??
- Rated 5 out of 5I've been using for a few months (on OS X, Win7, & Linux), it does everything it's supposed to do. No slowdowns noticed.
Why Mozilla removed this feature is baffling. THANK YOU!
- Rated 1 out of 5Funktioniert nicht. Links werden weiterhin länger gespeichert.
- Rated 5 out of 5[EN]
How works exactly your add-on? Suppose I choose to keep my websites visited history for 10 days; all history which have more than 10 days will be deleted instantly or else history older than 10 days will be retained up to the limit of the memory storage?
My problem is simple: I just want to be sure I will keek ALL my websties visited history for one year (366 days), but if I have memory to keep more than 366 days, I may keep more longer than 366 days. As if the about:config entry "browser.history_expire_days.min;366" could still be currently functional alone.
Thank you so much for your add-on, and congratulations for your work.
Comment fonctionne exactement votre add-on? Supposons que je choisis de conserver mon historique des sites web visités depuis 10 jours; tout l'historique de plus de 10 jours sera supprimé instantanément ou il sera quand même conservé jusqu'à la limite de stockage mémoire?
Mon problème est simple: je veux juste être sur que je vais conserver L’INTÉGRALITÉ de mon historique de navigation pendant un an (366 jours) mais que, si j'ai suffisamment de mémoire pour conserver l'historique au-délà des 366 jours, que je puisse le conserver jusqu'à la limite du stockage mémoire. Un peu comme si l'entrée about:config "browser.history_expire_days.min;366" pouvait encore être fonctionnelle à elle toute seule.
Merci beaucoup pour votre add-on, et félicitations pour votre travail.
- Rated 4 out of 5The geniuses at Mozilla are too busy removing features that are already implemented, thanks for correcting their gross incompetence.As for the extension, instructions are unclear and convoluted and using Mozilla's add-on page (Mozilla's great track record at it again) to store settings is unintuitive. Other than that, all seems well.