- by firstname.lastname@example.org, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5A life saver in many ways, but slowish and clunky hence only 3*
Clipping a couple of conversation from facebook is impossible.
Clipping to simple text is brilliant but only works on full pages.
Would not wish to be without it as I am an hoarder, but it hasn't been
improved for years.
- by User27, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I'm still giving this three stars because I love Evernote, and the webclipper function is so useful. But this add-on makes firefox so slow that it's almost unusable for me. I've tested to make sure it was really Evernote causing the problems, and it definitely is. When I disable it, my FF browser runs smoothly. I'm sad to remove it because I use it constantly to clip recipes and resources from the web, but I can't even work on a google doc without freezing and delays while evernote is enabled.
- by Visual Notes, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5Firefox 54, Webclipper 220.127.116.11, macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Still only working, wenn logged in to the Evernote web account and having set the cookie by checking the checkbox "Remind me for 30 days" at the web login pane.
Amazingly even having the Evernote client running, doesn't change that behavior! This is weird: the client is logged in, but Web Clipper doesn't do anything (red dot).
If the cookie isn't set (means, you did not log in to your Evernote web account and set the remind option at the login mask) you will see that red dot on the Evernote icon in the Firefox toolbar.
I'm still asking myself, why clicking on the Evernote icon with the red dot, does not at least open a dialogue on the Evernote website, in order to provide a login interface?
This may one reason why so many people say "it doesn't work".
Developer responseposted 4 years agoHi there,
Thom here from the Evernote Support team. I understand you are having trouble logging into the Web Clipper. Could you open a support request with us so I can take a deeper look into this issue with you?
1. Submit a ticket here: https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action
2. Select App Store Reviews from the drop down menu
3. Include a brief description of your issue
- by Firefox user 12489259, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5... since weeks, it pops up "advises" randomly on pages and systematically on pdf, despite the opting out (hidden in the prefrences).
Without any move from evernote the only posibility is to uninstall the trespasser.
- by RickyF, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5I use Evernote Web Clipper multiple times, daily. I discovered a memory leak where Firefox was consuming an ever-growing amount of RAM. I tracked it down to Evernote Web Clipper.
Reverting to version 6.9.3 fixed the memory leak. I also disabled automatic updates for the add-on.
I have submitted a bug report to Evernote.
- by Firefox user 12658420, 4 years agoRated 3 out of 5J'avais l'habitude de l'utiliser jusqu'à hier...
Après une réinstallation système, il ne veut plus s'ajouter à firefox.
Il bloque indéfiniment à la vérification...
Très pratique quand il fonctionne, mais là ça m'énerve.