MetaMask is an extension for accessing Ethereum enabled distributed applications, or "Dapps" in your browser!
MetaMask also lets the user create and manage their own identities (via private keys, local client wallet and hardware wallets like Trezor™), so when a Dapp wants to perform a transaction and write to the blockchain, the user gets a secure interface to review the transaction, before approving or rejecting it.
Because it adds functionality to the normal browser context, MetaMask requires the permission to read and write to any webpage. You can always "view the source" of MetaMask the way you do any Chrome extension, or view the source code on Github:
Enables access to:
Report this add-on for abuse
If you think this add-on violates Mozilla's add-on policies or has security or privacy issues, please report these issues to Mozilla using this form.
Please don't use this form to report bugs or request add-on features; this report will be sent to Mozilla and not to the add-on developer.
This add-on can:
- Access your data for all websites
- Input data to the clipboard
- Display notifications to you
- Store unlimited amount of client-side data
- [#8049](https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/pull/8049): Add warning to watchAsset API when editing a known token
- [#8051](https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/pull/8051): Update Wyre ETH purchase url
- [#8059](https://github.com/MetaMask/metamask-extension/pull/8059): Attempt ENS resolution on any valid domain name