To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
ErrorHelp: Search Engine for Errors 1.6.2
Search the world's database of error solutions and the web simultaneously. Later, provide your solutions to help the next poor soul.
The goal: No human should work on an error that has already been solved.
About this Add-on
* Quick search form: Click on the bug icon in your status bar and your error will be automatically pasted in the search form.
* Web search: Simultaneously searches the web and the user solution database.
* Track unsolved errors: You see a running tally of your unsolved errors to provide some feedback on and help the world.
* See how you rank: You can see how you stack up against the rest of the world in solving problems.
* Light-weight: We try to write the most efficient code possible such that Firefox stays speedy and resilient.
* Help humanity! Your solutions will help the world. They are indexed by Google and other major search engines, too-- so don't hesitate to help the next guy!
* Fixing issues with the new site rename, pointing things to the proper site.
* Automatically prepare logins for the new site.
* Rebranded the extension graphics
* Added a better icon for the Tools | Addons display so people can identify it better.
This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox because of the following:
To create your own collections, you must have a Mozilla Add-ons account.
All error searches on ErrorHelp are automatically entered into the community database of errors. These errors may be displayed when other users search for similar error messages. If you ever submit data you would like to remove, provide a link to the bug submission to email@example.com and we'll cheerfully clean it up for you.
You can optionally provide an email address with this addon, which will not be used for evil or spam. In certain modes, the site may email you reminders to help solve your submitted bugs, but no other emails will be sent to you. (Currently the site is in beta and one or two accidental duplicate emails have been sent. This could happen accidentally again, but that's a bug we want to stomp out.) Each email will provide an optout link if you want us to never contact you again.
The Firefox extension communicates with the ErrorHelp.com website to provide statistical information for use in your browser session. Access logs and other minor statistical data is also captured during your usage of the service, but this usage data will be used solely to gauge activity and for improving our services.
No data will be shared with third parties unless required by law.
End-User License Agreement
Copyright (c) 2007 Miracle Labs, Inc
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.