- by JKim, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5This extension doesn't do anything. You click on epub link and firefox still wants to download it. Plus most epub sources have web reading option.
Developer responseposted 10 months agoIt seems to be a bit exaggerated, to claim this extension doesn't do anything, because you can read epub files in Firefox using it. In fact, it doesn't open epub files from websites in some cases. This is due to limitations in Firefox to detect epub files.
- by flagist, a year agoRated 4 out of 5Very nice addon, renders books beautifully.
The only problem for me is that it doesn't render the font colors (i unzipped the epub and opened some of the files in browser, colors are there). I use this addon to read ebooks with a lot of formatted code, but without highlighting code listings are harder to process. So I would be very glad if this problem is fixed.
- by Firefox user 13326621, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Does not support PgUp/PgDn/Home/End keys, and search is not well implemented.If you use the "website reading style" (vertical scrolling), the mentioned keys work. In "book reading style" (horizontal scrolling), you can use the arrow left/right keys to page forwards or backwards.
- by Marc, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Lately this has been slowing down Firefox. Pages loading very slowly. Firefox using a lot of processor time.(quick again after I disable it) I think it is a bit suspect. I have disabled it.Don't know, how EPUBReader could cause such a problem. It seems, you suspect, that it includes a mining script. Rest assured, that this is not the case. EPUBReader is part of the Mozilla "recommended program" which only includes manually checked add-ons which meet the highest standards.
- by Firefox user 15552492, a year agoRated 2 out of 5I'd like for the reader to not waste space on the sides and to zoom in to show only the letters, dark theme. efficient display, good colors and contrast.
Cons: Doesn't recognizes file.epub when dropped on, it used to open them when dropped on any Firefox window, very simplistic I expected a little better color management and to have a library of all opened books previouslyDue to restrictions which were introduced in Firefox 53, it's unfortunately no longer possible to open epub files via drag/drop or via file explorer. For the same reason the private library is no longer available.