Developer responseposted a year ago
Due to restrictions which were introduced in Firefox 53, it's unfortunately no longer possible to open epub files via drag/drop or via file explorer. For the same reason the private library is no longer available.
- by Firefox user 16814112, a month agoRated 4 out of 5It's a nice extension that i would recommend. However, when i open a web adress that ends with .epub, the extension will intercept and try to open it (with error, of course).
Is there a way to temporarily disable this interception?
- by Corentin, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5It works well to open files from a web link (HTTP://...). However, if I try to open local files (local hard drive or local network), I get endless "open with..." dialogs.
I found a dirty fix : when I open a file from the web, the address always starts with "moz-extension://697be157-ddf5-4bbd-bd58-56b42dd47af5/reader.html", so I bookmarked this address, and it launches a "blank" epubreader interface, from there I can click the top gray "open" menu, so I can browse my local computer manually. It would be a lot nicer if I could just double-click files from Windows Explorer.
Developer responseposted a month agoThe way you describe to read local epub files is the standard way. You can open the "open" dialog via the EPUBReader toolbar button. Unfortunately, due to Firefox security restrictions it's not possible to open epub files directly from the file explorer.
- by Firefox user 15145534, 2 months agoRated 3 out of 5It would be nice to make use of the speech synthesizer capacities to read the book out loud with speed controls
- by aafaffaffxaffxt, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Doesn't correctly format japanese books. Should be top->bottom right->left, but even with right to left reading direction, it shows as horizontal lines.
- by Korwin, 2 months agoRated 2 out of 5Кажется, единственный способ на Windows читать epub с заменой гарнитуры на предпочитаемую и с инвертированными цветами. Но слишком много недостатков: нет листания Page Up / Page Down (только стрелки влево / вправо); листание вперед стрелками происходит корректно, назад же при новом разделе перескакивает на десяток экранов; ширина столбца в миллиметрах, а не процентах экрана или окна; при переходе в полный экран (F11) снизу появляется белая полоса; нет настройки инвертирования цветов изображений. EPUBReader 2.0.13 (7 March 2021), Mozilla Firefox 87.0b6 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 10.0.19042.844.
- by lynk, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5I used this add-on everyday a few years back before it changed because of compatibility and became unusable. Was hoping it changed since then but it looks even worst... I'm really missing that 1.6 version... :'(
Developer responseposted 3 months agoVersion 2 was created because Firefox changed the extension API to webextensions. This also caused some limitations. To claim, that EPUBReader is unusuable since then seems to me exaggerated, as you still can read epub files in Firefox.