- by Ernest Ine, 14 days agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension.
I have hypersensitivity and sometimes it's hard for me to view websites with blinking items, auto-start videos or changing banners. Thanks to 'ElementBlocker' I can make it less aggressive. For example I can check my bank account in peace. ;-)
Ernest, from France.
- by KaosHeart, 2 months agoRated 4 out of 5Basically the same feedback as everyone else.
Would love to have a list of elements blocked.
Having a console to manually type in or paste elements would be greatly appreciated.
Love it otherwise
- by Ailothaen, 3 months agoRated 4 out of 5Hello,
Very nice extension, but is it possible to list all the blocks for a domain? So we would be able to remove only one or edit the rule, a bit like in things like ublock when you can write a element path
- by monotaskr, 7 months agoRated 5 out of 5I've used it 5 minutes and already a significant lifestyle improvement! I used it to kill Eva on aliexpress!! That nightmare almost had me headed for anger management classes, and I'm as calm as a buddhist monk, for example, in 15 years of marriage never raised my voice to yell at my wife, and had at least the average amount of reasons to do so, but for some reason this AI bot just lit the fire of rage and then ginned it up! [taking that deep pranayama breath......] My sincere thanks to you Luke, I truly appreciate it! Sometimes a simple idea can be both elegant and powerful. This is the epitome of both.
- by azu, 8 months agoRated 2 out of 5Pretty useless - can block an element, but only one one page, not a domain - effectively making an ENORMOUS amount of busy work for the user due to sheer developer oversight.
Developer responseposted 8 months agoNOTE: INACCURATE COMPLAINT
Hello - blocking an element definitely does work for the whole domain, not just one page as you've said. There is no developer oversight in this regard.
The website you're trying to block elements on probably randomly generates new IDs/class names on every page (some websites REALLY try to prevent ad blocking), making blocking much more difficult.
- by t_wheeler, 10 months agoRated 5 out of 5I grabbed this plugin specifically to block Reddit's highly annoying constant reminder to add my email address, but expect to be using it more. I use uMatrix (which I highly recommend) for blocking unwanted content, and this seems like it will be a good addition to let me block specific elements.
Two feature requests I'd like to see: (1) support viewing and manually updating blocked elements; and (2) support finding an element(s) via an Xpath expression.
Thanks for making this!
Developer responseposted 10 months agoThanks for the detailed feedback! I'm glad it's been helpful :) And thanks for the feature requests – I'll definitely be adding the ability to see a list of blocked elements and the ability to edit/remove one at a time.
- by Firefox user 15920759, 10 months agoRated 4 out of 5This works pretty well, especially for annoying things like the recommended channels in twitch which twitch will not allow you to remove through normal means*. Is there any chance we can have a more aggressive advanced function that searches the dom for a particular class name, attribute, or id and add it to a loop that has a user settable loop duration which can outright delete a node and all it's children?
- by zemmy, a year agoRated 5 out of 5It works now after the re-upload tnx a lot, great Addon one of a kind, the only 2 things that would make it better would be a special undo button in case you make a mistake and don't want to redo the whole site just that 1 recent and a list that displays every site that you used it on.
- by Firefox user 13352012, a year agoRated 4 out of 5It would be nice if you could see a list of the elements blocked, and choose which one to delete, or to remove the last one you created, but i like the Add-On.
- by Firefox user 15556945, a year agoRated 5 out of 5i like this extension it does block the section of a web page that i wanna good job to the developer
i hope that there is a menu for this one whenever i click the wrong element to block i can unblock it.
or unblocking the specific element because when i click unblock all others will unblock.