- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 17166025, 8 months agocouldnt find dark mode in the settings which is a big let down for me, hope it will be added in the future , as for now i stick to duckduckgo as my default search engine
- Rated 3 out of 5by Firefox user 13286594, 2 years agoPart d'un bon sentiment et on aimerait en faire son navigateur par défaut mais techniquement inférieur à Google : il suffit de poser 2 ou 3 questions techniques précises et on voit tout de suite les limites d'Ecosia. Dommage!
- Rated 3 out of 5by anastasia, 2 years agoStunning in theory, Less-than-Average in practice.
I so wanted to love this but searches are unfortunately pretty ineffective and as of a week ago every search just times out. Wish my experience had been better but as it is I'll be deleting this add-on
- Rated 3 out of 5by YannH, 3 years agoWas good at the start but the search results are not great for a power user. Good enough for 60% of searches but fails outright the rest of the time.
The extension also started timing out a few times a day in the last few weeks probably due to the increase load on Ecosia's server resulting from the increase in popularity after the Australian fires.
- Rated 3 out of 5by KarpovGambit, 3 years agoAll of the video searches are from Youtube. I want to support this engine, but come on, only Youtube? Also more results per page would be nice.
Also, once this engine is installed as default, there are 2 redundant items in the context menu:
1. "Search Ecosia Search for SELECTED TEXT"
2. "Search selection with Ecosia"
Both of which do exactly the same thing.