- by Broffrey, 5 days agoRated 1 out of 5Avoid this kind of useless shop-savings extensions that in facts can spy what you are looking on the internet, it's just collecting informations on you to profile you and similar customers to finally target ads/products/services. That's desguished spyware in counterpart to provide you a pretended nice service for free.
And just about the service provided: this kind of extensions (lots of similar exist like this one) can modify the webpages on-the-fly and also can censure some parts or search results to guide you to buy to a specific shop... instead of a concurrent. And guess who is paying the extension editor to do that? Sellers?
Just look at what this extension is requiring at the Permissions part...
Mind again before adding browser extensions!
- by Firefox user 17214341, 14 days agoRated 5 out of 5I've been using this extension since they were Ebates. It's good for people who are dedicated to cash back and deals but takes some effort and can be intrusive at times. I don't mind it because the cash back is worth it and transfers to my PayPal seamlessly- and the popups remind me to use it.
Developer responseposted 14 days agoWe appreciate the kind words! Thank you for your loyalty throughout the years, too. We aim to make our Cash Back Button extension a seamless and effortless addition to our Members' shopping experiences.
- by Firefox user 17173836, a month agoRated 1 out of 5Immensely intrusive popups, interrupts and even breaks user experience and worst offense, navigates users away from webpages just so the user can press some activate button and then redirects to completely different page. wow
Developer responseposted a month agoOur Cash Back Button alerts Members of potential Cash Back when they visit a partnering merchant's website. We provide our Members the chance to activate this offer before they make their purchase so they are to be sure their eligible order reports to their account for Cash Back. Once activated, our Members should be routed back to the main page for the merchant to continue their shopping. If any of the pop-ups are in the way, you can go into the settings for our Cash Back Button and add the merchant's website to the "Hide activation reminders on these sites" list.
- by Solistus, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5was great right up until it became effing adware
one day i opened my motherboard maker's support page to check for driver updates and saw a Rakuten banner at the top of the page telling me I could save 1% by buying from Corsair instead
there doesn't seem to be any setting to disable this "feature" so I did what I do any time I find adware on my system, I purged it with extreme prejudice.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoOur Price Magic feature helps our Members find comparable items from merchants who partner with Rakuten and award Cash Back. Currently, this feature cannot be disabled within the Cash Back Button's settings. You can continue to take advantage of our services by going directly to Rakuten.com or by using our mobile app.
- by Probably_Jake, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5Pop-ups are always there when i don't need them, and never there when I do. Asked for my $40 cash back check over 6 moths ago and it never came. All this has done for me is waste my time. Haven't saved anything with this. Don't waste your time with this add-on.
Developer responseposted 5 months agoWe always want our Members to receive the Cash Back they have earned. We can also look into why our Cash Back Button is not notifying you of possible Cash Back at certain merchants. Please reach out to our team at email@example.com. We are here to help!
- by Insevin7, 6 months agoRated 3 out of 5I don't want popups with this app. I just need my cashback to work despite adblockers. The popups from Rakuten are very disruptive and should be able to be turned off.
Response to the dev response: You make it sound like I am complaining about a problem or don't understand something. I don't need help. I am against a feature of your addon that "reminds" me to shop at websites while browsing. I don't need any popup originating out of your addon. I only use the addon to counteract my adblockers so you can track my shopping without interruption. The undesired bloat from the popups is what my feedback is aimed at. The adblocker I use does not have filter lists but performs better than others out there, so that is something I cannot and won't change.
Developer responseposted 6 months agoOur team can help you adjust your adblocker's settings to allow our services to work, while keeping your adblocker active elsewhere. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
- by Kinsarae, 10 months agoRated 1 out of 5Pretty sure this extension is simply for monitoring your shopping habits. Housewares, electronics, etc NEVER seem to qualify no matter where you shop. There are more than enough companies spying on us in the name of a false return, I don't need the extra paranoia.