Rated 4.1 out of 5
4.1 Stars out of 5
- by Flavious, 5 hours agoRated 5 out of 5Earlier versions were sometimes problematic, but this current version has worked fine up until now, even at the higher resolution setting 1080p. Sometimes there are delays, a lot seems to depend on how busy the servers are, but when everything is working well the download are fast enough for me, even with 2 simultaneous downloads on my 12m download bandwidth. I give it 5 stars.
- by CheshireRaptor, 17 hours agoRated 2 out of 5After taking a look, almost all of the five star reviews are just someone hitting five stars and no actual review and I personally don't count those type of "reviews". This is NOT easy to use in PRO as you have to follow the steps CAREFULLY and read EVERYTHING. If you want to download anything above 360p (at the time of this review) you HAVE to give them money. 360p is the ONLY option you have unless you go pro. Also if you want much FASTER, cleaner, ad-free and streamlined downloading experience you have to give them money. The cheapest you can pay to get things is $10 and they claim it's a one time fee. Even with the Pro some larger videos, anything above 144.2mb (4 min and longer) take awhile to compile, so it is by no means "fast". The 2 and a half minute video (29.8 mb) went fast. And for reference, I have fiber internet. Currently downloading an 144.2mb, 175.5mb and a 583.3mb videos at the same time. You defiantly cannot do more than one video at a time. Been over 16 minutes for the three. While the small video took less than a second on Pro and this was with the 583.3mb video already started. Even after the two smaller videos finished compiling (about 30 minutes) the larger one is still going - been about sixteen minutes on it's own and it's just now at 50%. Been over 46 minutes downloading. In the end, it took an hour ON IT'S OWN to compile.
The free version of the video I downloaded (144.2mb file) obviously wasn't a grand copy but I saw no ads in it. It of course downloaded faster than the Pro version of it, but to be fair, it was the first video I downloaded and there was nothing to tell me how long it took. Had to check the folder to see that it was done. The Pro version of the same video was better looking, still no ads and for them both the sound was similar.
I completely understand that this stuff takes time and someone needs to stay on top of it, but don't lie to people and say the reasoning is that it "needs powerful server infrastructure". Because of this lie I'd suggest downloading JDownloader Plus for free and learning to use that. It's not too difficult and you can get the 1080p for free.
- by Firefox user 15955209, 4 days agoRated 3 out of 5i have this since i want to get youtube videos for my soundboard, but it wants me to pay to download direct MP3 files and its annoying to download an MP4 and convert it to MP3. im not giving you money, just let me download something useful directly. Im only keeping it because its quick and its not a virus.
- by Firefox user 16612156, 4 days agoRated 1 out of 5This addon does NOT download in 1080. When you click to download a video it gives you a message saying YouTube won't allow them to download in 1080. I'm not sure why they're still saying they can when they can't.
- by Firefox user 15319948, 6 days agoRated 5 out of 5downloading high quality audio is free.
as for video, up to 720p is free, but if you want to download 1080p, then you will have to be subscribed to their paid plan.