Rated 5 out of 5
5 Stars out of 5
- by DJTai, a month agoRated 5 out of 5If you use keyboard shortcuts a lot and are using containers then this add-on is perfect for you.
It's straight forward in its functions and works just as its intended to.
- by Firefox user 13427034, a year agoRated 5 out of 5Edit: This is no longer an issue but I want to leave the information up so the developer's reply makes sense. I love this addon.
The shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+1) conflicts with the Kee addon. It would be nice if it were possible to customize the shorctut keys. Otherwise, great addon.
Developer responseposted a year agoThanks for your review! Unfortunately Firefox itself doesn't allow that kind of customisation without A LOT of work on our end. I hope at some point they upgrade their interface to allow end-users (i.e. like you) to re-map shortcuts however they want..
- by Firefox user 13903117, 2 years agoRated 4 out of 5Does it what you say it does, 4 stars. However. . .
If you want the 5th star: I think integrating the keypad (On the right side of the keyboard | Not being condescending just stating for least amount of confusion) would be very beneficial. With that. . .
1. I would prefer the ability to only press [Keypad1]-[Keypad9] & have the container appear. I understandable see the potential problems with it already. I'm stating it anyway just in case you're a super beast.
2. If not, no worries. . . The normal buttons will do.
Ill keep using this & continue to check back from time to time.
| UPDATE: 2018-04-05 |
Just thought about this. . .
1. I can't rearrange my Containers without deleting them. This is sucks for several reasons. It would not-suck if you could implement something. (Either give the ability to move container order up/down , Allow the user to add "Map" their own shortcuts)
Developer responseposted 2 years agoFirst of all thanks for leaving a review, it means a lot!
1. Keypad: I personally like the idea, but it won't work for people with notebooks that don't have the keypad (including all MacBook Pro's) or tenkeyless keyboards. Additionally, the Firefox API won't even allow me to map to they keypad AFAIK, unless it's not documented.
2. Rearranging containers: this sucks for me too, I hope Firefox implements this feature soon! Implementing it into this extension seamlessly might not even be possible with the current Firefox API – i.e. without losing the session information on existing containers, plus the UI would have to be different than the native container UI. Additionally, it's not a feature that would "fit" this extension, which is meant to be a super-simple extension... But again: I understand your pain, I have it too :)
3. This extension is open-source! If you're a developer feel free to contribute, the code-base is really simple (see the website link on the extension page).
Till next time!
- by Firefox user 13494520, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Great extension, allowing you to open a tab in a specific container with CTRL SHIFT NUM (1-9). No need to do a long press on the + icon to select a container before opening a tab anymore!