Version 4.0 is a major upgrade, with many requested new features. I've been through all the comments and emails you've written in the last year, and been able to implement virtually all of the changes you've asked for!
* The most significant new feature is the widely-requested cleaning function, which adds a "Clean" button to each stylesheet group in the "Unused selectors" tab. The function creates a copy of the stylesheet (leaving the original alone), and you can select whether unused selectors and rules should be commented-out or removed.
* This version also overhauls the automation, adding the ability to restrict automation to specific sites, and replacing the existing mutation event with three mutation observers, that allow it to respond to changes in body content, head content, or document attributes (including mapped properties).
* The core scanning process has been also upgraded, adding support for internal stylesheets (i.e. rules inside style elements), as well as some new selector filters that make it possibe to test for things like dynamic states and pseudo-elements, which selector queries can't normally match. (A basic form of this filtering was already implemented, but this has been updated and extended into multiple controllable filters.)
Other notable new features and improvements include:
* Added a button to the main toolbar.
* Added support for spidering XML Sitemap Indexes, and also RSS feeds.
* Added a new Storage preference, "Delete all stored data when Firefox quits".
* Added another new Storage preference, "Treat sub-domains as the same site", which means that (for example) "addons.mozilla.org
" and "developer.mozilla.org
" would both be stored under "mozilla.org
* Extended the Spider preference, "Don't spider links in HTML sitemaps if [...]", so you can specify the attribute name (where previously it was hard-coded to "rel").
* Updated the stylesheet parsing to add support for nested @media rules.
* Updated conditional-comment parsing to look for style elements, and so that it recognises all documented forms of syntax (e.g. adding support for bracketed conditions and WindowsEdition version targetting).
* Redesigned the "Save as CSV" option to "Export selected data", which now gives you the choice of JSON or CSV export, and includes line-numbers.
* Added some built-in help files - a detailed guide to Preferences (which is opened from its "Help" button), and a general "Getting Started" guide (which can be opened from the main menu).
* Confirmed support for Firefox versions up to 20.x, and dropped support for versions earlier than 14.x.
There's also a number of significant bug-fixes:
* Fixed a favicon loading bug that meant the spider would hang forever when scanning a new site. Thanks to Dr_Barnowl for reporting and fixing that bug.
* Fixed a pretty fundamental bug in the spidering logic, whereby stylesheets would be tested on pages that don't include them, which will have resulted in some false-positives.
* Fixed a bug that could occur when spidering the same sitemap twice, which would have made it seem as though it were loading stylesheets from a stale cache.
* Fixed (again) the [#email@example.com:133] bug that could occur when parsing remote stylesheets. A fix for this issue already existed, but was no longer working because the error's name had been changed!
* Fixed an automation bug, that would sometimes store data under the wrong host.
* Fixed another automation bug, where opening pages in a background tab would trigger a scan on the front tab again.
for the complete changelog.