- by Firefox user 15224247, 2 years agoRated 5 out of 5Thanks Dev, for this add-on.
It has been doing a good job for months, but seems to be inactive since a few weeks.
My 5-star review stands anyway. Thank you again.
- by Rebuild Morphine Carbon, 3 years agoRated 5 out of 5It could be better if there is an option to move the old tab to where the new tab would have been. Currently if you open hundreds of tabs and the old tab is in the front of the tabs, the tab bar will move all the way there, which is not good.
I find out that if "On remaining tab" is set to "default tab behavior", the old tab will be moved to the new place, which is what I need.
Thanks for your response!Hi,
Thanks for the review!
If you are in "Auto close" mode, the behavior depends on the option "On remaining tab".
Can you give me your settings?
Also can you give me usecase of you do and what is expected (based on your settings) to be sure I understand your problem.
- by Yandong, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Feature request:
Don't show the badge and number when there is no duplicated tab.Sorry but from what I've seen in the API I cannot unload the button.
Another option would be to use the pageAction https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Add-ons/WebExtensions/API/pageAction.
But by doing this you cannot access the options unless there are duplicates tabs or if you go to the "Add-ons Manager" tab (about:addons).
It seems less convenient to use.
Thanks for the review.
- by Firefox user 14112220, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5Very good but has a bug:
By applying filters for ignoring both "hash part" and "search part" it will not work for duplicate tabs that have only "hash part".
For example for the following URLs one time apply only "ignore hash part filter" and another time apply both "ignore hash part filter" and "ignore search part filter".
- by Firefox user 13593688, 4 years agoRated 5 out of 5This is super useful extension. I use it a lot.
Some suggestions for improvements:
* Allow possibility to "ignore" some open tab so it's not taken into consideration when checking for duplicates.
I had one or two situations when it would be useful (filters we not enough).
So for example when you have "duplicate tabs" list you could right click and choose "Ignore duplicate checking for this tab" (or some other better text) and this entry on "duplicate list" would get different colour or be in italic to indicate that we ignored this page. We could then click again and uncheck this option.
When tab is ignored then we don't see number that we have duplicate for it and "Close all duplicate tabs" won't close this tab.
* I have no idea what this "pin" do on different option sections ("Priority", "Filter", etc). Maybe have some hover over text that explain what it does
* Make this extension open source - this is of course you personal choice to keep it private. I just think it would be awesome and help improving this great extension even more.Your first request is something I know as I also need to duplicate tabs. :)
I'll work on something after the whitelist feature.
About the "Priority", "Filter", etc I've tried to explain this in the description of the add-on.
Filters allows to define how you want to compare the tabs.
Priority allows to define which tabs to not close.
I'll move the code on GitHub, just to have time.
Thanks for the review.