To try the thousands of add-ons available here, download Mozilla Firefox, a fast, free way to surf the Web!Close
Welcome to Firefox Add-ons.
Choose from thousands of extra features and styles to make Firefox your own.Close
About this Add-on
e10s (electrolysis aka multi-process) is supported.
Tab Groups is supported.
The URL redirection is supported to not close identical tabs which can redirect to different locations.
"On duplicate tab detected" options:
- Close tab automatically: automatically closes the detected duplicate tab.
- Show panel (default): show a panel listing the duplicate tabs.
You can go to one of the duplicate tabs by clicking on it from the panel.
When you click on the button "Close all duplicate tabs" the activate tab is kept by default.
- Do nothing: monitor tabs but don't show a panel if a duplicate tab is detected.
"After automatic close - On remaining tab" options:
- Do nothing (default): nothing is done after the duplicate tab is closed.
- Activate: once the duplicate tab is closed, the remaining tab is activated.
- Apply opening tab behaviour: once the duplicate tab is closed, depending on the default tab behavior, the remaining tab will be moved to the position of the closed tab and activated if needed.
"Priority" options: (used with "Close tab automatically" mode and "Close all duplicate tabs" button)
- keep tab with https (default on): Ignore the scheme part during comparison and keep the tab with the https scheme.
- Keep tab with history (default off): keep the tab with Back/Forward history.
- Keep older tab (default): keep the already existing tab.
- Keep newer tab: keep the newer tab.
- Ignore hash part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer/#detail-relnotes and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL.
- Ignore search part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer/?src=ss and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL.
- Ignore path part in URL (default off): for instance https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/developers and https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/duplicate-tabs-closer will be considered as the same URL.
- Ignore tabs from other groups (default on): only closes tabs that belong to a same group.
- Compare with tab title (default off): If the URL doesn't match then compare using the tab title.
- Ctrl+Alt+W to close all duplicate tabs (this can be configured in the options)
For bug reports and feature requests:
For localization, please help by joining at BabelZilla: http://beta.babelzilla.org/projects/p/duplicate-tabs-closer/