- by Firefox user 14671411, a month agoRated 2 out of 5Breaks logins on many sites. For example, Fedex.com gives me an error message when I try to log in. If I disable the DuckDuckGo extension and reload, I can log in with no problem. Too bad, because I love DuckDuckGo as a search engine. But this extension is apparently too aggressive for many websites to work properly.
- by DaveHove, a month agoRated 2 out of 5I use this extension in Firefox on my home PC with no problems. However, when I try to use it on my work PC, Firefox won't load any web pages until I disable the extension - which is very frustrating. No doubt there is something different in settings which I am unaware of which is preventing the pages from opening?
The other extensions which I use, AdBlocker Ultimate & Facebook Contaner, seem to work fine on both PC's.
- by MKL.MH, 3 months agoRated 2 out of 5Je n'ai rien contre l'extension, juste contre le moteur : Premier essai, première recherche, pas foutu de comprendre les mots clés que j'ai entré "graines de niger" ne m'a sorti pour résultat que des pages "graines de nigelle" aucun autre moteur de recherche que j'ai essayé ensuite ne s'est planté, c'est le seul ! Donc je n'ai pas de temps à perdre avec ce genre d’approximation.
- by Firefox user 14816641, 6 months agoRated 2 out of 5Mostly works fine, but does block any and all access to banking websites. Unsure whether this is solvable, perhaps banks simply use too much tracking software or maybes it's an oversight
- by Jerry Photo 69, a year agoRated 2 out of 5Twice now when I've had problems with sites acting weird, (like not being able to resize or even move a window) it's turned out to be DuckDuckGo. Think I'm done with it.
- by Firefox user 15873794, a year agoRated 2 out of 5There are two things I don't like about DDG. I can't find a way to have same interface colours I have, in Search screen, with Google and Dark Reader together. That is just more readable and comfortable for eyes. With DDG, with or without Dark Reader, I have other tints of black, blue and purple, the 3 major colours in the seach screen.
And the other thing, is the lack of a proper integration with Google services (maps, youtube, etc). When you search for an address, it doesn't immediately show Google maps screen of it, but you have to do 3-4 clicks to have that.
- by Firefox user 15257335, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5This extension is cool enough to use, but frankly could be a lot better. Among other things, it should ( but doesn't ):
- provide enhanced features to ddg
- add a !Bang drop-down menu
- optionally save search terms
- save filter options
- omit hits from specified domain(s)
- make ddg settings persistent across devices with extension installed 9 via ff account association or otherwise ).
( Extensively tried in Linux & Windows10 ).
But, at least it does enhance my data privacy. Viva la libre!
- by Firefox user 15109330, 2 years agoRated 2 out of 5I will not pretend to have any idea as to how to measure privacy, and thus will not comment about that.
But I do know when my browser, core and ram are working extremely slow; My CPU and 8GB RAM are constantly maxed and Firefox stops responding for ten seconds approximately twice every minute! This happens regardless of whether there are five hundred running tabs, or only five. I wouldn't recommend using this extension until this issue is fixed.