- by Frédéric Jeanbart, 5 hours agoRated 5 out of 5I really like this extension along its companion downloader! First what I like, followed by what I fear could be a "bug" (thus -1 star, but it's related to my own personal case).
1- You can enable/disable its catching process simply, by clicking its toggle button on the toolbar (off= browser's downloader, on=use the companion software JDownloader2).
2- If you already have the stand alone JDownloader2 application running (an excellent customizable and rich Free Open Source program you can download from their Web site), it works fine. Note that you DO NOT need to create an account on JDownloader's Web site, even if you must do what follows or for whatever purpose.
3- Else, either you always open the external application before hand, either you do what Dr.Ne0Gen3tic explains in a previous post (second under this one).
4- For Youtube or others video/music clips, simply copy its URL, JDownloader will catch it if it's opened (you'd have to verify that the JDownloader app's Youtube plugin will always favor the highest resolution, or whatever is your preference).
5- What I really like is that you can control what to save from a Youtube clip. When not auto-saving, either you click on the container package and click the start button - JDownloader will automatically assemble the files and convert into an mp4 along saving any .srt subtitle file, as it would do in auto-save mode. Either you download only the AUDIO part: right -click on the .m4a file, select "Youtube.com" from the contextual menu, then "Audio Variant for 1 link", which will offer to choose between Oggvorbis (.ogg) formats or AAC variants. Then select start download from the contextual menu of that .m4a file only. Note that .ogg audio format is of a much better quality/compression than mp3 format, and is Open Source!
I always open jdownloader before hand: the purpose of this extension/addon is to use an external downloader so that you can manage, interrup/recover your downloads rather than use your browser's internal downloader, thus it's not a big deal for me.
But still, I'd like the external downloader to start automatically whenever I click a dowload link in the browser and it's not opened yet, HOWEVER: personally I already have the latest NODEJS installed on my PC, the complete package from Microsoft (I do Webapps/site developments and use VS Code from time to time). There's no problem on that side of my environment, but oddly, the Browser extension doesn't seem to find nor address it in order to open JDownloader's app (note that I've installed JDownloader app on another drive than C, on E:\Program Files\JDownloader).
Thus, I'm afraid that installing the additional package (localised nodejs?), which modifies Windows registry entries related to nodeJS from what I've read (please correct me if I'm wrong), will have the potential to collide with my current NodeJS environment. I don't have time to verify what's actually modified, hence I won't install it and simply start JDownloader's app beforehand.
- by Dr.Ne0Gen3tic, 11 days agoRated 5 out of 5This Firefox add-on works great! You just have to know how! After installing this "add-on" in Firefox, you visit the "GitHub directory" of the client, as it is described here in the description of this Firefox extension. One downloads the "Windows.zip", saves this to a place e.g. C:\Programs\JD-Client (This folder must be created) and copies the "content of the Windows.zip" into this directory! After a double click on the "install.bat" the cache and the cookies of the Firefox browser must be deleted!
Afterwards please restart the PC once! Since registry entries are created! In addition, under "Settings - Add-ons - Extensions" (the 3 dashes on the side, then on Add-ons) must be set in the settings of the JDownloader add-on still under permissions the small "switch"! ONLY THEN this works! And that excellent! If you rate this extension badly, you are most likely not using it correctly! Bad ratings due to user error find I honestly a horror! I see this (unfortunately yes really unfortunately!) Again and again and not only here!
- by Korwin, 5 months agoRated 2 out of 5Поставил дополнение, установил службой приложение native-client by belaviyo с github, "Download with JDownloader (Integration is "enabled")", проверка интеграции прошла успешно, но ни в контекстном меню вебстраниц не появилось пунктов, ни при нажатии на кнопку дополнения (там только его включение / выключение". Mozilla Firefox 90.0 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043.1083.
- by Verbal Kint, 5 months agoRated 1 out of 5JDownloader asked me to add this add-on plus a small client program. Their job was to somehow handle captchas and when I say handling, re-direct to it so I can solve it.
Add-on didn't do what it was supposed to do, no need to waste time on this.
- by ConanSC, 9 months agoRated 2 out of 5A extensão é muito útil com o programa JDownloader, no entanto, ela IMPEDE que o Firefox faça download de PDFs anexados aos e-mails. Tive que desativar cada uma das minhas extensões individualmente e reiniciar o navegador para ver qual estava dando problema. Devido a esse motivo, eu tive que desinstalá-la, após quebrar a cabeça tentando descobrir o porquê do navegador não conseguir salvar PDF no meu PC.
- by vertigo, a year agoRated 1 out of 5Can't register an account on their site, and need to log in to contact admin. Geniuses. Also, the registration page uses an image captcha then, right below that, has a spam protection text box. Apparently they don't realize the two do the same thing. If they can't even manage to not screw up a forum registration process, I don't trust them to make software I'm going to run on my computer.