- Rated 4 out of 5by Akira, 2 years agohey, this is pretty good, but it'd be cool if we could set our own sounds to play when it started/finished/failed a download, maybe even for pausing and resuming
- Rated 4 out of 5by Tuvalis, 3 years agoAwesome add-on. However, one feature that should be implemented is the display time. Okay, it's done (or it's failed), I get it...get it off screen now, not forever later. Sure, it has the little X button to close it off screen, but that's not always convenient. Otherwise love it.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13790003, 3 years agoWas hopeful that someone had written such an add-on, and was very glad to find this. Kudos to BPS for what, so far, is a perfect fit for my needs. And I'll add that I'm using FF 56.0 (64-bit) on Windows 7 Professional.
- Rated 4 out of 5by NotCompatible, 4 years agoYou cannot play a sound if a download was aborted.
Man kann keinen Klang abspielen lassen, wenn ein Download abgebrochen wurde.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 14287173, 5 years agoUnfortunately it doesn't play sound if media.autoplay.enabled = false, which makes it unusable for me as this is my default. Otherwise it would be great and 5 stars.
Firefox 62.0 , windows 7 64-bit.
- Rated 4 out of 5by ander, 5 years agoIt's simple and it works. I'd give it a 5th star if it let you choose your own sound... It doesn't seem like that would be to difficult to add. ;?)
- Rated 4 out of 5by Firefox user 13796258, 5 years agoCette extension est parfaite ! Il manque juste la possibilité de choisir un autre son...
Continuez comme cela !
- Rated 4 out of 5by SaladGoat, 5 years agoMy previous review (for version 1.2): Does what it says, but would be nice to use my own sound - not a fan of the one included. Five stars for custom sound files. :)
Developer responds that Extensions cannot access local files.
I used to use Download Status Bar, which allowed use of custom sound files. But that's not an Extension and won't work in newer Firefox. So maybe not allowing access to local files is new in Extensions. If so, that sucks. If not, please keep trying! :)
I appreciate the new volume adjustment and other notification options.
Rarely, for reasons unknown, it will turn itself off. Simple and quick fix of Disable then Enable (no need to restart Firefox), so only a minor annoyance. Doesn't happen often though.
Otherwise, a great Extension!Thank you! I'm open for any tips regarding access to locally stored files from web extenstions because I'd really like to see the feature "Custom sound files" as well.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Ryan Erwin, 5 years agoAwesome plugin. For anyone else using Firefox Quantum v60.0.1 under Linux, the "Save / Play Sound" button doesn't work for preview, but when you're download completes the sound does actually play just fine. That was a bit confusing for me. Some minor errors:
* The Sound "Save / Play Sound" button does not respond under Firefox Quantum v60.0.1 under Linux (Arch)
* Allow custom notification sound
* The Speech "Voice" dropdown is empty... not sure which TTS library is used, but would be good to make it work
* Make the icon link to the downloads page, right click the icon for properties...
* Special sound for failed downloadThanks for your review!
* I've tested the extension under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and it works fine. Unfortunately, I don't have an Arch system for testing.
* It looks like it's not allowed for web extensions to access locally stored files which makes it difficult to implement an option for choosing a sound file. I'm open for any tips on this topic because I'd like to see this feature as well.
* Unfortunately, Firefox doesn't allow web extensions to open the about:downloads page at the moment.
* Since version 1.4 it's possible to setup a different text for failed downloads. Default is "Download failed". I'm thinking about adding a different sound for in the next version.
- Rated 4 out of 5by LeBaux, 6 years agoCan we please have a custom notification sound? It would improve this a TON. Thanks!Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, it looks like it's not allowed for a web extension to access locally stored files which makes it difficult to implement an option for choosing any sound file.
- Rated 4 out of 5by PERCE-NEIGE, 6 years agoWell working. Tested right now, and no problems.
We can change the text message, but I suggest that we could also change the sound, and make the voice less robotics.
- Rated 4 out of 5by Avery, 7 years agoStill Firefox 48.0.2
Developer responseposted 7 years agoCould you please tell me which version of Firefox you are using?
With the last update the add-on requires at least version 48.0. If you are running an older version of Firefox, please install version 1.0.1 of "Download Sound" via version history.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by the update.